Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
KimnCocoa
KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle Keyboard & 2 Coolers
Library Problem with Cooler

Hi. I'm new to the forums but finding them great. I have a question/problem that I have run into and hope that someone has seen it before and can tell me what the heck I am doing wrong... or how to fix it.

I recently DLed some (2) books from the library. Both the Library site and the Cooler site say I should be able to. They are in ePub format and I believe are DRMed because they are timed to "return" to the library after 2 weeks.

I used the Adobe Digital Editions to open the files. I can read them on my PC. I can read them on my PC from the Cooler (hooked up via USB.) But when I try to read them on the Cooler I get the message, "This book is unreadable."

Ferris Ferris anyone?
KimnCocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
KimnCocoa
KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.KimnCocoa can teach chickens to fly.

Found the problem

ZOMG. I finally decided to check the date/time and it was set to 2011. So of course the library books are due back like in 6 days. So they thought they were a year out of date!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Glad you got this sorted out! I must admit I haven't used Adobe Digital Editions very much.
It sounds like the Cool-ER doesn't give you any particular message if the date is incorrect or if there are other problems...

Saying that, though, I wonder if you set the date back you'll be able to read the book after it's expired?
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
KimnCocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
Glad you got this sorted out! I must admit I haven't used Adobe Digital Editions very much.
It sounds like the Cool-ER doesn't give you any particular message if the date is incorrect or if there are other problems...

Saying that, though, I wonder if you set the date back you'll be able to read the book after it's expired?
Heeee I'll let you know.