Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
EZ to buy spare batteries!! Accessories coming!!

Dear All:

Here are the promised links to buy spare batteries. The EZ Reader line is one of the VERY few that allows this. One simple screw to remove, and you can pop in a spare. We even include a screw driver in the box (though most any common "Philips Head" screwdriver will work just as well):

http://astak.com/product.asp?serial=...ader%20Battery
http://astak.com/product.asp?serial=...0PRO%20Battery

More accessories are coming. We should be offering the Mighty Bright line of eBook Reader lights within a week. They have those great dual-beam, ultra flex models that leave no bright spots when reading and they come in colors. Expect more word soon!!

We are doing all of this to answer requests from our end users. You people made it happen. Other accessories are being looked into right now!!

Astak listens and follows customer's leads!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Here are the promised links to buy spare batteries.
Whats going on with NOT allowing international orders.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
emt
Nameless Being

Product is not ready for shipping

That's what it says for the 5" reader battery!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
@Robertb, Yep considering how crap my current battery is 400 pages and showing less than full every time, I'm going to need an Internationale link don't leave us outer towners in battery desert
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Do they come in colors?

Thanks Robert. I know a lot of people are looking for this. My battery (from both units) has been excellent.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
It seems to be on the Astak site but doesn't come up under the "International Orders button".

http://www.astak.com/product.asp?ser...et PRO Battery
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
The price of the battery seems reasonable. Hopefully the shipping price will be ok also, when it gets put on the international page. http://www.astak.com/ezreader/step1.asp
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
lots and lots of cases please. The girl needs to accessorize ok?!!??
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

International shipping fine on Device, checking battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post

We ARE still shipping Internationally regarding eBook Readers. Batteries are something not always so easy to ship. There are postal regulations that we are checking on now. Different countries have different regulations on batteries. We will know soon and should be able to then meet your needs.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #10
Robertb

Lots and lots of cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstitious View Post
lots and lots of cases please. The girl needs to accessorize ok?!!??
We are looking into options now. The problem is simple... we do not want to order 100 custom cases in red and find out three people like red.

More than likely I will post pictures and descriptions on line and get feedback first. We may do a pre-order on certain cases where IF we get enough orders we will place our order. If we do not then we will offer other options. I hear what you want and that you want a choice. Just be aware that the case manufacturers have minimum orders also. I cannot order three cases. I may have to order 50 cases of that style and color.

Superstitious: I am not saying we can't... I am saying it is clearly time to move forward but we need to contact the case manufacturers and get their rules and prices.

M-Edge makes a ton of fabulous leather cases for Sony and the Kindle. We have some samples. On the 6 inch, the same case that fits the Sony 6 inch will fit our 6 inch. The 5 inch is new and I do not know if even Sony has custom cases for their five inch. This would be the best way... to buy custom cases that will fit more than just our product. We would avoid their minimum order and avoid the tooling charges.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #11
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Robertb, I hear ya. I completely understand you are starting out so budget is limited. However, it's nice to know that you are moving forward with the accessories. It's always good to have options. Pre-order might be a good idea so you know exactly how many you need to order. Save time and energy. Thanks for listening!
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
http://www.stylzworld.com/shop/ has tri-fold covers for both BeBook's (BeBook would equate to the 6" Astak, BeBook Mini would equal Pocket Pro).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
That's a nice looking cover, I just worry about protecting the screen from impacts. I don't expect to subject my incoming Pocket Pro to the job site abuse my Palm has survived (inside a titanium case), but frequent travel requires some additional protection.
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #14
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqncigars View Post
That's a nice looking cover, I just worry about protecting the screen from impacts. I don't expect to subject my incoming Pocket Pro to the job site abuse my Palm has survived (inside a titanium case), but frequent travel requires some additional protection.

I agree about travel. Stuffing the PEZ into a suitcase or purse for long travel is not something I wanted to do. So, ever since I ordered mine, I've looked for a firm hardshelled case to protect it when it is stuffed in my bag. I tried the Pelican hard cases (none the right size), looked at kitchen storage cases (Rubbermaid, Tupperware, etc) didn't find one. Then I ran across this old thing I had purchased about 12 years ago, it's a lunch (sandwich and sides) holder which I had cut the divider piece out years and years ago. It is made out of hard ABS (or something like that) plastic, hard case lid with latches that snap. It is the PERFECT size to put the PEZ in, with room to lay the USB cord beside it. I'm traveling at Thanksgiving, can't wait to see how it works.

Sorry I can provide shopping details, I think I got it at the Base Exchange in Europe when we were there.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #15
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqncigars View Post
It fits the CaseLogic for the Sony Pocket Reader perfectly. There's just enough space to reach in and hit the power button. You can't get to the rocker switch while it's in the case, but it's easy enough to take it out. I hope to have pictures posted next week.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote