Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #1546
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I did purchase 2 ebooks on my TBR list that were on sale. One was $1.15 and the other 58 cents.

So far this year I bought 8 ebooks for a total of $8.43 or $1.05 each. 6 from Kobo and 2 from Books on Board.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #1547
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I did purchase 2 ebooks on my TBR list that were on sale. One was $1.15 and the other 58 cents.

So far this year I bought 8 ebooks for a total of $8.43 or $1.05 each. 6 from Kobo and 2 from Books on Board.
Wow. Only 8 books this year? That's fantastic. If I'd managed that, my TBR would be at 202, not 330!

I did only buy 7 books last month....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #1548
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I did purchase seven books yesterday from Books on Board. But, with my rewards, my final price was $0.00. Still, I did fall off of the wagon. But, I did get some great books!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #1549
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Um... Let's not talk about how much I have spent on e-books this month. But the upside is that I have enough books to read until March 2013. Which both my wallet, and my TBR list will appreciate.

I just deleted 60 unread Kindle freebies from my Calibre library, since I realised that it works much better for me if I browse my K4PC, read the first 5 pages, and add them if I feel I want to read them next. Instead of bulk adding them, and I forget about them.
The result of the deletion is that my TBR list is only 200 books long.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #1550
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
You're going to read 200 books by March?
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #1551
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
H

e

l

p

Too many ebooks....the pain....is the thing that knocks against the walls - the thing with the fishy odor - after my thousands of ebooks, my Kindle, my Kobo, my B&N, my Ipad? I don't know. All I know is that I must type rapidly before the thing enters. I know it wishes to consume them with it's fleshy tentacles. Even now, an elongated hand with numerous thumbs reaches out for
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #1552
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
You're going to read 200 books by March?
If I really tried, I probably could, but I will not even try. But I will try to not buy any e-books until March.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #1553
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
If I really tried, I probably could, but I will not even try. But I will try to not buy any e-books until March.
Best of luck. I'm trying to hold out until 1st February. I just have to remember that any ebook offer is likely to come around again (or better!) within the next couple of years.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #1554
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I guess I have to join here. Got another 2 free books today to add to my TBR list. My library grows much faster than I can read. And the coupon codes for Kobo don't make it any better...
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #1555
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I guess I have to join here. Got another 2 free books today to add to my TBR list. My library grows much faster than I can read. And the coupon codes for Kobo don't make it any better...
Welcome to the thread.

First off: Free books don't count. The reasoning for this is that free books can't get any cheaper, and can be 'bought' in unlimited quantity.

But for merely discounted ebooks — remember that a bigger discount might always come along next week, next month or next year. And if your TBR is like mine, waiting a year for a bargain isn't difficult!

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-10-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #1556
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I've been pretty good about ebooks this month, but between my husband and I we just got 5 books from Audible - used up all our credits, plus some $4.95 specials. I don't know when the last time was that we had 0 credits left... but we've got a long drive coming up over Christmas, and it'll be nice to have some new books to listen to.

(Last long drive we did Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear.)
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #1557
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I've been pretty good about ebooks this month, but between my husband and I we just got 5 books from Audible - used up all our credits, plus some $4.95 specials. I don't know when the last time was that we had 0 credits left... but we've got a long drive coming up over Christmas, and it'll be nice to have some new books to listen to.
If you don't have a large backlog of audio books to listen too, that sounds a very sensible use of your credits. Something good to listen too (with no adverts!) makes a journey pass a lot more pleasantly.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #1558
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Welcome to the thread.

First off: Free books don't count. The reasoning for this is that free books can't get any cheaper, and can be 'bought' in unlimited quantity.

But for merely discounted ebooks — remember that a bigger discount might always come along next week, next month or next year. And if your TBR is like mine, waiting a year for a bargain isn't difficult!
Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, free books don't count. I read that on page one of this thread. But I am not sure if it works for me. They make my TBR list longer even if they are free.

On the other hand... as long as I don't spend money, it really doesn't matter. They don't use much space on my computer, and most of these free books are not the ones that are always free, but just for one or a few days...

I haven't read through all the pages here, so sorry if someone else came up with that... but I guess for next year I have to budget my shopping for books. I was thinking about buying myself gift cards for each month, 10 EUR each. I don't have to spend it all in one month, but no more than that!
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:54 AM   #1559
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
I got so bad I started avoiding the forum. I just couldnt help myself. I would read about some amazing new book here and just have to have it. My to read list is sooooooo long now. I am forcing myself to now add things to an amazon wish list rather than buy more books until I make a dent in my pile. I am rather stuck on Stephen King at the moment and seem to be reading them back to back.
I just get so tempted around here, this place is like the local bar for drunks

applesaue
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #1560
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I am forcing myself to now add things to an amazon wish list rather than buy more books
I too have found this an effective tactic.

Still no books bought in December!