Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
Codo
Codo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic
Unhappy Rooted Nook Classic and Descriptions

I'm baffled. Once upon a time, my rooted Nook Classic was happy to show me the descriptions of my books. Now it no longer does this. Any ideas? I'm baffled.

My Nook Classic is running 1.7.0
It has been soft rooted.
The Library App I'm using is My Books 0.1.7 (from NookDevs)
Calibre 0.8.20

In Calibre, the descriptions are all there. If I open the ePub file and look in the opf file, there is a description that matches what Calibre shows.

Here's what baffles me. My Books doesn't show descriptions for any side-loaded books. If I look at a book that I downloaded from B&N, the description is there. If I open the ePub from one of the B&N books and look in the opf file...the description tag is empty!

So...if I have en ePub whose opf has a blank description key...I see a description. If I have an ePub whose opf has a description key with text in it...I don't see a description.

Am I missing something here? Especially since, at one point in time, I was definitely seeing a description for B&N and non-B&N books. At first, I thought it might be the My Books library. But then I noticed that the B&N Library app doesn't show descriptions for my side-loaded books either. I understand that in the B&N Library app, this might be a limitation of the software....but I know the My Books app has to be reading at least some of the metadata because My Books pulls the series name out of the metadata.

Thanks for any/all help.

Last edited by Codo; 09-28-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Codo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, description, my books, nook, soft root