Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
hbabygirl
hbabygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Entourage PE
Intro and question I need help with

Hi everyone, I already posted this to the introduction forum, thinking it was the introduction forum within the Entourage forum, so forgive me for reposting here, but I believe I will only be answered if I post here.

I've had my PE for over a month now, and simply love it. I use it mostly for ereading, and love being able to store all of my books (BN, Borders/Kobo, and Kindle) on one device to take with me everywhere.

My question regards the info on the following link:

https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=233

Has anyone tried this and succeeded? Was it with the old android version 1.6 as indicated in one of the forums? Or has this worked for anyone who has an upgrade PE (to 2.2)? If not, is there another way to keep the Edge devices connected to the internet when I am out of reach of an open WIFI network?

Thanks so much for all the help here.

-Laura
hbabygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
hbabygirl
hbabygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Entourage PE
That link so didn't copy correctly up there. Please let me try this one again. Thank you.

https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=233

-Laura
hbabygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
It only worked with the 1.6 version not the 2.2.

If you do a search of this forum and the archived old entourage forum, at the top, you should find the ways several other people have got round the limitation.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I was just reading in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145835, also new, that Garyhgaryh has managed to get his PE tethered to his phone. Could this work for you??

Welcome to MobileRead and to the eDGe.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
msavides
msavides began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Entorage
I am issued an ATT sim in my laptop for work. I tried a couple of the usbmodems on the edge to no avail. ( I also got tethering to work through my phone as Filark suggested ) What I settled on was a Mifi. I took the sim out of my laptop and put it in the mifi. (you will have to have att sim card data plan already)
MiFi 2372 (They retail for 299.00 )
It is only $79 and allows up to 5 devices to connect.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Novatel-MiFi-237...item4cf92a39d9

Mark
msavides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I was just reading in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145835, also new, that Garyhgaryh has managed to get his PE tethered to his phone. Could this work for you??

Welcome to MobileRead and to the eDGe.
Yes, I managed to get it working. If you already have an android phone, it will cost you $0 (the software is free and it looks well written). I have an android phone from work so I ended up spending $0 to get it working. And the best thing, no software needed on the PE or edge. Other tethering software I tried have links for you to install software on the machine you want to tether to (like mac or windows). That won't work with our scenario since PE is neither a mac or windows machine.
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modem use, wifi