Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #61
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Well, since someone else brought it up....
YAY! Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK! And I work for a bank!!!!!
Long weekend for mee-eee, long weekend for mee-eee
Ahem.
I'm glad for you. Honestly - I am.
Its just that ... well .. I have to work on Monday. AND Monday is a long day. Like 12h long and quite a bit of it "team reports", "group reports", "progress reports" and stuff.
I dont like Monday.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #62
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Ahem.
I love UK bank holidays! You get so many of them, and they are always fun. We get a 3-day weekend next week, which is sort of out of synch, because don't they usually correlate with UK? Whatever.... ENJOY!!!!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #63
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
I'm glad for you. Honestly - I am.
Its just that ... well .. I have to work on Monday. AND Monday is a long day. Like 12h long and quite a bit of it "team reports", "group reports", "progress reports" and stuff.
I dont like Monday.

Oh Poor Baby! It would probably be a regular 8 hr day if it weren't for having to play nice with the teams. Tell them I said to leave you alone so you can finish up and go home.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #64
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Oh Poor Baby!
*sniff* Thanks *sniff*

Quote:
Tell them I said to leave you alone so you can finish up and go home.
Will do
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #65
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Console yourself that you have one on the 3rd October when we don't.
(it's still in my diary from when I was jetting backwards and forwards, so I think that's right?)
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #66
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Ahem.

It's only a Bank Holiday in England and Wales (not Scotland).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #67
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
I R Cross-Jurisdictional
(which means I retain my right to the 2nd January off too)
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #68
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
I R Cross-Jurisdictional
(which means I retain my right to the 2nd January off too)
"cross-jurisdictional" ?? does that mean you can just arbitrarily observe the bank holidays of any nation in the world ??? ok, i'm cross-jurisdictional too !!! quick, call kuala lumpur and ask what's the national holiday of malaysia ? i'll be taking that off, along with all the others.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #69
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The fairy flies between Scotland and England. So far she has not spread her wings or waved her wand elsewhere.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #70
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

so you're saying this is a fairies-only status ? do you need anything other than sparkles and wings to become a fairy ? i might convert if it means double the bank holidays...
Old 08-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #71
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Well, if you moved to the Spanish border then you could probably celebrate both sets of holidays. I could fancy the Val d'Aran.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #72
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Well, if you moved to the Spanish border then you could probably celebrate both sets of holidays. I could fancy the Val d'Aran.
there's an idea. before searching for a new appartment though i think i'll check all the countries we share a border with to see which one has the most bank holidays. so, maybe val d'aran, or maybe, you know, strasbourg. or something. (hm. let's hope it's val d'aran. perhaps the sunlight could also be factored into the equation. how many bank holidays would you need to offset good weather conditions ?)

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness