Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-30-2022, 09:02 PM   #16
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
Agree w/ the recommendation of C.J. Cherryh's Morgaine books (they were what I came here to recommend, along w/ Mercedes Lackey).
I think I have the trade paperback omnibus. Somewhere. (Do you sense a pattern here?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
If you're willing to consider science fiction, C.J. Cherryh's _Rimrunners_ features a down-on-her-luck MSgt.
I loved that book! Why is there no Kindle edition?

I managed to buy a signed copy online. It is also … somewhere.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:39 AM   #17
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
You could try Myke Cole's The Sacred Throne series. It is not science fiction, though the covers might make it look so.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:42 AM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You should check out the absolutely great writer and editor Jessica Amanda Salmonson.

Some are in print and some are not.

Let the adventure begin!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazons.jpg
Views:	2105
Size:	638.4 KB
ID:	192110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tomoe Gozen.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	192111  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:51 AM   #19
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You should check out the absolutely great writer and editor Jessica Amanda Salmonson.

Some are in print and some are not.

Let the adventure begin!
I did not know the Tomoe Gozen Saga was on Kindle! (adds to wishlist)

BTW I was once accused of being Jessica Amanda Salmonson on a Usenet group.

The short version: She was a regular member, but she had stopped posting for a bit. Then, I joined the group and dared to ask on-topic questions instead of participating in the fights instigated by a Rather Odd Poster. So he decided I must be Jessica Amanda Salmonson in disguise, and he made two or three bizarre posts with these accusations. He finally relinquished when another member vouched that I was a real person.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:57 AM   #20
Critteranne
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
You could try Myke Cole's The Sacred Throne series. It is not science fiction, though the covers might make it look so.
I think I have the first one somewhere. I didn't end up getting the next because I wanted to finish Book 1. The series does look cool. And then I think he ended up between publishers after accusations of bad behavior at conventions. (It was a mess.)
Old 02-04-2022, 10:25 PM   #21
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I think I have the first one somewhere. I didn't end up getting the next because I wanted to finish Book 1. The series does look cool. And then I think he ended up between publishers after accusations of bad behavior at conventions. (It was a mess.)
That's really disappointing. I will not be supporting him in future and won't recommend him again.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 09:40 AM   #22
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Was there bad behaviour or just accusations?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 05:09 PM   #23
Critteranne
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Was there bad behaviour or just accusations?
In 2018, he admitted to some bad behaviors. In 2020, he also posted on Twitter about these allegations where he admitted he may have overstepped his boundaries, particularly when drinking too heavily.
Old 02-06-2022, 01:40 AM   #24
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
...I joined the group and dared to ask on-topic questions instead of participating in the fights instigated by a Rather Odd Poster. So he decided I must be Jessica Amanda Salmonson in disguise, and he made two or three bizarre posts with these accusations.
On topic questions. A rookie poster's first mistake!
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote