Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2020, 05:46 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoworld235 View Post
I patched my kobo a long time ago. Now I'm looking for the patch so the search on the home screen is in my books by default instead of in the kobo library, but I can't find it. Does it not exist anymore?
The patch is no more as it's not needed. From the home screen, when you tap the search icon, you can select to search in My Books if it's not showing as searching in My Books.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:57 AM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And, IIRC, the search context is preserved (possibly across reboots, even).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2020, 08:32 AM   #18
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
And, IIRC, the search context is preserved (possibly across reboots, even).
I confirm, it's stored in Kobo eReader.conf
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 10:34 PM   #19
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Just to be clear, I enable patches by typing "Enabled: yes" in front of the patches? And then run kobopatch.bat?
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:48 PM   #20
A random blob
A random blob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Just to be clear, I enable patches by typing "Enabled: yes" in front of the patches? And then run kobopatch.bat?
Just patched mine that way and it worked great, yes! That's it
A random blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2020, 02:10 AM   #21
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alright, thanks. Sorry Im such an idiot . But for the firmware, when i extract kobo-update-4.23.15548.zip do I extract just KoboRoot or also the upgrade folder and manifest.md5sum
Old 09-07-2020, 04:31 PM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Alright, thanks. Sorry Im such an idiot . But for the firmware, when i extract kobo-update-4.23.15548.zip do I extract just KoboRoot or also the upgrade folder and manifest.md5sum
For the patcher, just place the .zip file in the src directory. Any needed extractions will be done for you. Just make sure the filename matches the filename in kobopatch.yaml.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:08 AM   #23
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
A quick question: My new Libra arrives tomorrow, once I've made sure it has the correct firmware, can I copy the KoboRoot.tgz created for my H2O2 over, or are there any patches that are device-specific and would require generating a new one?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:29 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
A quick question: My new Libra arrives tomorrow, once I've made sure it has the correct firmware, can I copy the KoboRoot.tgz created for my H2O2 over, or are there any patches that are device-specific and would require generating a new one?
All patches work on all devices except that some devices have different settings for different devices. So if you wanted to change some settings, you'd have to find the settings for your device. If not, then you are good to go.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-09-2020 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:08 AM   #25
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
It's not dangerous to try your old patched KoboRoot.tgz as a first attempt.

To add a specific example to @JSWolf's response ... if you've enabled one or more patches which allow you to customise font-size then the line in the patch which customises font-size for the H2O2 will not be the same line as the one which affects font-size for the LibraH2O. So you may need to revisit those particular patches.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:11 AM   #26
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's not dangerous to try your old patched KoboRoot.tgz as a first attempt.

To add a specific example to @JSWolf's response ... if you've enabled one or more patches which allow you to customise font-size then the line in the patch which customises font-size for the H2O2 will not be the same line as the one which affects font-size for the LibraH2O. So you may need to revisit those particular patches.
Thanks, that's exactly the sort of helpful specificity I was hoping for. I don't have that patch enabled but it prompted to me check and there are several margin-related settings where that pesky .2 inch difference means different values for the two devices, so I will have to start from scratch with my new toy. Thanks for the clarification.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:13 PM   #27
Kuram
Enthusiast
Kuram began at the beginning.

Device: PW1, KAO (current)
edit: nevermind. cant delete post

Last edited by Kuram; 09-09-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Kuram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:51 PM   #28
AugustoPT
AugustoPT began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hi, I have done the Patch in my Kobo Libra H2O and it just hang in the three dots at the beginning. Am I doing something wrong?
AugustoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:52 PM   #29
Elektron
Banned

What exactly did you do?
Old 09-13-2020, 06:37 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustoPT View Post
Hi, I have done the Patch in my Kobo Libra H2O and it just hang in the three dots at the beginning. Am I doing something wrong?
Did you have 4.23.15548 installed before you tried to install the patches? Did you download the correct version firmware file for your Libra?

If either of these is a no, then you'll have to reset your Libra.

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...Kobo-Libra-H2O

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-13-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching