Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-18-2021, 05:55 PM   #1
andrewk
andrewk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Calibre does not recognise Kobo Libra H20

Hi All,

I bought a Kobo Libra H20 but am unable to get Calibre to recognize it. I have version 5.27 of Calibre installed.

I have gone through the FAQ (https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-by-calibre) and it was not able to help. I also tried other things (swapping cables, restarting computer, re running the wizard, ...) but am still not able to get it to work.

The device detect error that I got below. I looked through the forums and the closest post that I could find indicated that there was a bug in 4.22 (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=340249) but that this was corrected in 4.22.1 (and at present I am on 5.27)

Could someone please help?

Thankyou

Code:
calibre 5.27  embedded-python: False is64bit: True
Linux-5.10.62-1-lts-x86_64-with-glibc2.33 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.10.62-1-lts', '#1 SMP Fri, 03 Sep 2021 10:00:32 +0000')
Python 3.9.7
Interface language: None
USB devices on system:
[['0x4d9', '0x295', '0x1101', '', 'USB-HID Keyboard', ''],
 ['0x2237', '0x4232', '0x401', 'Kobo', 'eReader-4.21.15023', 'N87313B057945'],
 ['0x46d', '0xc077', '0x7200', 'Logitech', 'USB Optical Mouse', ''],
 ['0x2109',
  '0x102',
  '0x324',
  'VIA Technologies Inc.',
  'USB 2.0 BILLBOARD',
  '0000000000000001'],
 ['0x8087', '0xaaa', '0x2', '', '', ''],
 ['0x13d3', '0x56b2', '0x1711', 'SunplusIT Inc', 'Integrated Camera', ''],
 ['0x27c6', '0x55b4', '0x100', 'Generic', 'Goodix FingerPrint Device', '']]

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
No MTP devices connected to system

Looking for devices of type: SMART_DEVICE_APP
All IP addresses {'lo': [{'addr': '127.0.0.1', 'netmask': '255.0.0.0', 'peer': '127.0.0.1'}], 'wlp0s20f3': [{'addr': '192.168.1.191', 'netmask': '255.255.255.0', 'broadcast': '192.168.1.255'}], 'nordlynx': [{'addr': '10.5.0.2', 'netmask': '255.255.255.255', 'peer': '10.5.0.1'}]}
No device is connected

Looking for devices...
USBDevice(busnum=1, devnum=12, vendor_id=0x2237, product_id=0x4232, bcd=0x0401, manufacturer=Kobo, product=eReader-4.21.15023, serial=N87313B057945)
		Detected possible device KOBOTOUCH

Devices possibly connected: KoboTouch,  
Trying to open KoboTouch ... failed
Opening of the following devices failed
Driver:KoboTouch, Options - format_map: ['kepub', 'epub', 'pdf', 'txt', 'cbz', 'cbr'], use_subdirs: True, read_metadata: True, use_author_sort: False, save_template: {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}, extra_customization: [], manage_collections: True, collections_columns: , create_collections: False, delete_empty_collections: False, ignore_collections_names: , upload_covers: False, dithered_covers: False, keep_cover_aspect: False, upload_grayscale: False, letterbox_fs_covers: False, letterbox_fs_covers_color: #000000, png_covers: False, show_archived_books: False, show_previews: False, show_recommendations: False, update_series: True, update_core_metadata: False, update_purchased_kepubs: False, update_device_metadata: True, update_subtitle: False, subtitle_template: None, modify_css: False, override_kobo_replace_existing: True, support_newer_firmware: False, debugging_title: , driver_version: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 706, in open
    self.open_linux()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1524, in open_linux
    super(KOBOTOUCH, self).open_linux()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 570, in open_linux
    raise DeviceError(_('Unable to detect the %s disk drive. Either '
calibre.devices.errors.DeviceError: Unable to detect the KOBOTOUCH disk drive. Either the device has already been ejected, or your kernel is exporting a deprecated version of SYSFS.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/__init__.py", line 159, in debug
    dev.open(det, None)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 709, in open
    self.open_linux()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1524, in open_linux
    super(KOBOTOUCH, self).open_linux()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 570, in open_linux
    raise DeviceError(_('Unable to detect the %s disk drive. Either '
calibre.devices.errors.DeviceError: Unable to detect the KOBOTOUCH disk drive. Either the device has already been ejected, or your kernel is exporting a deprecated version of SYSFS.
Thanks

Andrew
andrewk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Reboot your Kobo
Also Linux has issues with more than 1 device connected via USB,
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:13 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Linux has issues with more than 1 device connected via USB,
No, it hasn't. But Calibre can only cope with one USB device.

I've had all the USB ports in use, and some "built in" things use USB internally and Binatone (3 models), Kobo (3 models), Kindle (5 models), phones, tablets, Boyue Likebook Mars, Story Cover, Sony (2 models) and Nook Simple Touch all work in Calibre.

But only ONE ereader thing at a time.

I have had issues with MTP on Mate, but not KDE, but I was able to sort that and now MTP devices are fine on Calibre.

Kobo is using Mass Storage, not MTP. Try a different cable.

I use a Kobo Libra most often and never had an issue on Linux with it.

Last edited by Quoth; 09-21-2021 at 07:15 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:31 PM   #4
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
I went through a dozen cables before I found one my Forma likes all the time. I even tried expensive gold-plated ones. No dice. But just one cable from a pack of 4, very cheap, from Walmart, works every time. I now keep it separate and treat it like an objet d'art. I've seen quite a few similar stories. Why, Kobo, why?
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo libra h2o