Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
akailiajade
akailiajade began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Iconia One 8 Tablet
Question Calibre Companion Cannot Find My Reader

I've been using Calibre with Calibre Companion for years now. I have Calibre Companion installed on both my Android Tablet & Android Phone. I have used the paid version of FB Reader very successfully for years. Now, all of a sudden, CC cannot find FB Reader & I can't figure out why.

My Tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 from 2019 running Android Version 10.

Calibre Companion Version is 5.4.4.19 (410)

FB Reader version is 3.0.29 from December 24, 2020.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling both Calibre Companion and FB Reader, but I still can't make CC recognize FB Reader.

Do any of you very fine, much smarter than me, folks have any ideas about what I can try next? Man do I hate it when something works like a charm for literally years, then one day, BAM, stops working without explanation!

Thanks for any help you can offer & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Karen
akailiajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:52 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Then it will probably be the FB Reader version that CC no longer wants.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:48 PM   #3
akailiajade
akailiajade began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Iconia One 8 Tablet
Smile Problem is Fixed

You may be right. The problem seems to be fixed now & I'm not even sure how. Just happy to be able to read my books in my preferred reader again.

Thanks for your reply & Happy New Year!!🥳🎇🎉

Karen

akailiajade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre companion, fb reader