Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #46
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank4141 View Post
They do take cc payments now but when I click on the link it takes me to what looks like a new generic order page for the item.

Here it is:

http://www.mercaway.com/computers-so...tablet/284516/
Seems like you've already made up your mind to purchase.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #47
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Seems like you've already made up your mind to purchase.
He's a braver man than I if he has!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #48
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
He's a braver man than I if he has!
Or someone that works for the company.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #49
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Or someone that works for the company.
I said the same thing to myself a few posts back.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #50
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I said the same thing to myself a few posts back.

Sorry, missed that.
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #51
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Sorry, missed that.
No problem. Pay attention next time and try to tap in.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #52
Mr.X Senior
Mr.X Senior began at the beginning.

Device: None
After viewing it's utube demo, I am sure it's a SCAN.
If it was a real, it would use real HAND to touch real DEVICE.
Mr.X Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #53
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Tank4141 is not a part of this company. I sold him my Q7 and have spoken with him several times on the phone.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #54
cbone
Enthusiast
cbone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Android phone, waiting for my Kno
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
It's interesting that 6 hours have passed since this post and there has been no update of the information on the Gizmodo website. You'd think if that information was incorrect, Gizmodo would be in a scramble to post a retraction before they get hit with a lawsuit.
Gizmodo has also not bothered to show my post of the information that I put in this thread earlier. If it were Apple or Microsoft, that post would get changed with the quickness. Gizmodo is pretty slow with fixing FUD from small companies in other countries when the lawsuit threat is small. They don't bother to correct themselves unless they have to.

Doesn't prove that Haleron is legit or anything, but at least they didn't steal their tablet from eviGroup.
cbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #55
tank4141
Enthusiast
tank4141 began at the beginning.

Wow. Thanks Houndx. I guess everyone's suspicious of me because I don't have many posts and I was the one who first posted about this thing. I had already decided to wait. I was just letting everyone know what I was encountering. The consensus seems to be to wait so that's what I'm going to do.

Also, here'sa website I found that has lots of tablets on it. Can you tell I'm excited about the color ereaders?

http://www.clonedinchina.com/category/pmp
tank4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #56
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
I suspect that may be unknown as well, which is why I asked.
My point may have been too subtle. You have to actually receive something before you can return it.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #57
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm200 View Post
My point may have been too subtle. You have to actually receive something before you can return it.

Robert
True.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #58
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I had to snort out loud at this one. On the Hal Web page they replaced the IN STOCK text a short time ago. I assume they meant 2010 but who knows. Surely it is a coincidence that I sent them the link to this thread this morning.

They has 4940 in stock this morning.

Availability

This product is currently not available.
It will be available again on: 19.03.2011

Usually ships in:

Unit Backordered until 19 March
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #59
cbone
Enthusiast
cbone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Android phone, waiting for my Kno
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
I had to snort out loud at this one. On the Hal Web page they replaced the IN STOCK text a short time ago. I assume they meant 2010 but who knows. Surely it is a coincidence that I sent them the link to this thread this morning.

They has 4940 in stock this morning.

Availability

This product is currently not available.
It will be available again on: 19.03.2011

Usually ships in:

Unit Backordered until 19 March
What is the story with all of these tablets being so difficult? It's not like they are inventing a better wheel. These are standard ARM parts and chipsets. Trim the I/O fat off of the board, insert standardized OS, slap it in an enclosure and call it good. WTF takes so long? No one can even kludge together some prototype samples? Maybe if they quit making all of those fake-ass renders and worked on some real-world versions, they could make release dates.

Note that this doesn't just apply to Haleron, but every company that you've ever heard of taking forever to release a tablet using bog-standard ARM/MIPS/Intel parts that are older than crap and have been examined backwards and forwards by now. Hell, if you show a tiny bit of initiative some of these companies (Intel/Nvidia) have done all of the heavy lifting for you!

As much as I dislike Archos, at least they release products. Their support sucks, but you can buy their products without any hassle.
cbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #60
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
I was just thinking Archos as I read that. I had considered waiting for the upcoming Archos 7 and I'm glad that I didn't.

Arm9 seriously? seriously? Maybe I can get a free Pentium4 with that too.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote