Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #451
mobman
mobman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Images that are scans of two facing page and that you want to read one page by one in portrait mode.

I never had a 740.cfg so I copied the 840.cfg and it now works!
I nailed it to 'has_dpad_buttons' option, when set it goes one file at time.
It may be a key mapping issue, maybe the issue with forward button in the Content menu might also be a mapping issue because back button do go back.

Others options seems to do nothing. No matter 'has_menu_button' value the menu button works. I don't see the "little page map" configured by page map options.

Is it possible to change "Fit height in portrait, fit width in landscape" for "Fit height in portrait, fit page in landscape" or just add it, because I loose some of the sides of the image whenever I go landscape?

I don't know if it is hard to implement the auto-rotate with gyroscope on the Inkpad 3, I will look into it if I have time.
mobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:03 PM   #452
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I didn't realize that they gave the Inkpad 3 a new number. I'll add a file for it to the dev_caps zip file.

Enabling "has_menu_button" just removes the Contents item from the main menu. It doesn't affect whether the button works or not.

I don't think you should enable "has_dpad_buttons", because that stops the Next/Prev buttons from being used for stepping/scrolling. The buttons are then only used to jump between pages.

If the GSensor is still accessed through the old API functions, then the program will automatically do the auto-rotation if you set Screen Orientation to automatic in the system Settings (at least that's how it works on my old 902). It's a nice feature for pbimageviewer that I miss on my more recent devices.

"Fit height in portrait, fit width in landscape" should not clip the sides from the image in landscape mode, otherwise it is not fitting the width. It may clip the top or bottom of the image, but normally you would use the Next/Prev buttons to scroll the image to see what is clipped. If I change it to "fit page in landscape", some people will get irritated if some of the screen is wasted. You can't please everyone.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:00 AM   #453
mobman
mobman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Indeed, the GSensor API must be different.

I was wrong it do clip like 1 mm of the bottom of the page with the Inkpad 3. So you have to push Forward two time to go to the next page.
So I think there should be another options with "fit page in landscape" because with the Inkpad 3 screen format you gain no screen space and you have to push the button two time to see 1mm of white margin.
mobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:04 AM   #454
cocoruby
cocoruby began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3
Hi there,

I just tried pbimageviewer on my new Inkpad 3 and it works great.
I can read CBZ files and they are automacially added in my library.
Thank you very much for that great job !

I now have one question : is it possible to add metadata (such as author, title, number of volume, add a cover etc.) to CBZ files ? I am quite sure answer is no but I try
I tried with Calibre : no problem to import CBZ files and edit metadata but when I want to transfer to ebook device it asks me to convert files... If I answer 'no' no transfer happens and if I answer 'yes' files are converted to epub before being transfered...

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Regards.
cocoruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:21 AM   #455
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The answer is no, there is no support in the system software for retrieving metadata from CBZ or other archive formats. Perhaps a new program could be written for searching the system for archives and updating the book database with any metadata, but it's not something I'm interested in myself. It is a task that is separate from pbimageviewer.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:01 AM   #456
cocoruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
The answer is no, there is no support in the system software for retrieving metadata from CBZ or other archive formats. Perhaps a new program could be written for searching the system for archives and updating the book database with any metadata, but it's not something I'm interested in myself. It is a task that is separate from pbimageviewer.
OK, thank you for your answer. I understand your point of view
Regards and thank you again for the work you do.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:51 PM   #457
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
For a discussion of the Metadata issue and possible solutions is in our wiki at CBR and CBZ#Metadata

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #458
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
For a discussion of the Metadata issue and possible solutions is in our wiki at CBR and CBZ#Metadata

Dale
Thanks! That makes a small part of the job easier. So, code needs to be written to extract the various kinds of metadata from the archive files on the ereader. Code will also have to be written to store it into the ereader's book database (which probably varies from model to model). And last but not least, there will need to be more code written that can add metadata to the archive file on another machine, since it doesn't sound like calibre would do the job. It's a fairly big set of tasks altogether.

Perhaps it could all be simplified if calibre could be changed to copy the metadata into the ereader's book database as it copies the archive file over. I don't know if calibre handles archive files well (i.e. if it could store metadata in the archive file without converting the latter to EPUB or PDF). These sound like good questions for someone who wants this feature to ask in the calibre forum.

Last edited by rkomar; 07-20-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:02 AM   #459
cocoruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Perhaps it could all be simplified if calibre could be changed to copy the metadata into the ereader's book database as it copies the archive file over. I don't know if calibre handles archive files well (i.e. if it could store metadata in the archive file without converting the latter to EPUB or PDF). These sound like good questions for someone who wants this feature to ask in the calibre forum.
Surely this could be handled by Calibre.
I will ask on their forum.

Regards.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:18 AM   #460
cocoruby

Hi,

I created the following thread : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...65#post3730765

Regards.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:16 PM   #461
rkomar
Wizard

As per @mobman's suggestions, I released a new version with two modifications.

The auto-rotate setting is ignored when in "Fit height in portrait, fit width in landscape" zoom mode. That mode is predominately used for viewing double-page scans one page at a time, so you don't want to automatically rotate to landscape mode then.

If the configuration option for starting the next archive is enabled, and the next archive is started from the end of the last via the dialog box, then the settings from the last archive are applied to the next one. That includes the display settings, zoom mode, and reading direction. The next archive is also opened at the first page.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #462
Legz
Legz began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3 T740
Hi everybody,

I buy Inkpad 3 version 740, but i can't open CBZ.

pbimageviewer.app-v1.2.8-fwv5.zip => Copy pbimageviewer.app to application folder
copy 740.cfg to system\share\pbiv
copy extensions.cfg to \system\config

When i click on CBZ on my library, nothing append.

Can you help me ?
Legz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #463
rkomar
Wizard

You need to copy pbimageviewer.app to the system/bin folder, as well. That's the copy that gets started by the Library application.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:57 AM   #464
Legz

I copy in system/bin folder too but same problem.
CBR / CBZ appeares on my library.
When i click on my book, nothing. My inkpad stay on Library

Logiciel Version : T740.5.17.1680
Modele : PB740

Last edited by Legz; 08-21-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #465
Legz

Ok, you can add on your tuto.
If CBZ or CBR not launch, do hard reset and reinstall
That's work