Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 03:03 PM   #31
hank
Dinosaur
hank began at the beginning.

Device: Clie TH55, SJ30, VisorEdge, Palm3xe
Calibre seems to avoid all the problems I've been having -- so long as I use Calibre exclusively to load, and to remove, books -- and also to eject the Nook from the Mac desktop.

Time to contribute to Calibre's author again. Before some jerk company buys and stomps him for making using their hardware too easy.
hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank View Post
Calibre seems to avoid all the problems I've been having -- so long as I use Calibre exclusively to load, and to remove, books -- and also to eject the Nook from the Mac desktop.
That's worked for me on Windows 10. I think there's been a few people that have issues, even when using Calibre, but I haven't seen an issue yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank View Post
Time to contribute to Calibre's author again. Before some jerk company buys and stomps him for making using their hardware too easy.
Yeah, that's always a good idea. Without Calibre I probably wouldn't be reading e-books. Maybe I should donate again as well.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #33
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
Calibre puts them in the Nook>My Files>Books folder.

Jim
Thanks! Maybe I'll try using Calibre for the operation, since folks seem to have good luck with it. Almost seems like the eject function might be its best thing ...
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #34
Strether
Fanatic
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1,Oasis, Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 7
So far using Calibre, none of my books have disappeared. Doesn’t help with the shelves, however, because only books put on there by B&N stay there. The side loaded books disappear.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #35
Grace44
Grace44 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook glowlight 3
I have had 3 Nooks now, originally bought because they were great for downloading Library books. I have lots of B&N books as well so didn't want to switch to Kindle and got the new Glowlight 3 when the terrible script reading offshore 'customer service' people couldn't help me deal with a storage problem on my simple text. Decided it was just worn out. The Glowlight 3 is terrible; I managed to side load from the library then it simply quit doing it. B&N's ever helpful customer service told me to read the manual. I have spent hours fiddling with it -- the only thing that helps is to erase and re-register -- but the idea of having to do that every week or so to download library books when I travel a fair bit is not encouraging.

If I had it to do over, I would get a Kindle. My husband has never had problems with downloading from libraries with his two Kindles. Why do they take a stable product and get rid of it to market something that is so buggy?
Grace44 is offline   Reply With Quote