Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2018, 07:10 PM   #226
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladPM View Post
And where is now the Custom reading footer style patch? I can not find.
The setup for that patch is found in the nickel.patch file. Start around line 17 in the nickel.patch for 4.7.10413.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:48 AM   #227
VladPM
VladPM began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Thank you so much! Probably, I had some kind of error: I did't have the file nickel.patch. I downloaded the correct archive again. I'm very glad!
VladPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2018, 02:01 AM   #228
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you so much! Probably, I had some kind of error: I did't have the file nickel.patch. I downloaded the correct archive again. I'm very glad!
You're welcome.

One warning is to pay careful attention to the warnings where two or more patches are exclusive so only enable one.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:47 AM   #229
VladPM
VladPM began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Yes, one question: Does the custom reading footer style patch not require me to do any editing?
VladPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:05 PM   #230
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Yes, one question: Does the custom reading footer style patch not require me to do any editing?
About the only editing is around lines 88/89 where you can change the top margin (I use the -10px setting, -5 is the default),
Advert
Old 05-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #231
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Which one is suitable for the Kobo A1 LE? Theversion itself is not on the list of the first post.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #232
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Which one is suitable for the Kobo A1 LE? Theversion itself is not on the list of the first post.
The Aura ONE LE has only had it's original firmware release and the since withdrawn 4.8.10956. The original one was not released to any other devices, and 4.7.10413 was released for them a week or so later. Because of this, the patch developers probably skipped 4.7.10364.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:12 AM   #233
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
The first post of this thread has the wrong link for firmware version 4.8.10956 (should be https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=296477 but currently leads to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293052 which is the thread for version 4.7.10413)
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:55 PM   #234
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
The first post of this thread has the wrong link for firmware version 4.8.10956 (should be https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=296477 but currently leads to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293052 which is the thread for version 4.7.10413)
Thanks, fixed now.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #235
joeTaco
joeTaco began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Just got my Kobo and these patches are amazing.

Possibly stupid question:

After installing patches once, is there anything special I have to do to install patches again? ie. I would like to tweak some values. Can I simply go to my altered .patch files, change a couple values, and repatch?

Or do I have to revert to unpatched firmware before I re-patch?

I ask because the .patch files look like the patch might be searching for particular values on the Kobo, e.g. "replace (hex value,15,30)" is gonna replace 15px with 30px. So if I've already patched it to 30px, am I gonna break stuff if I now enter "replace (hex value,15,45)"?

Hopefully I'm overthinking this.
joeTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #236
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
@joeTaco,

no need to go back to the unpatched version. The patcher works with the offline version of the firmware files, so you can tweak and re-apply to your heart's content. Go to your altered patch files, change whatever you want, re-run the patch generator and install the firmware.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:50 PM   #237
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
Is there a way to get rid of the page number at the right?, it conflicts with some text when I have margin lowered on the sides.
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:55 PM   #238
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
I will assume you are reading epub files? If so go to reading settings and on page 2 uncheck "Show Adobe EPUB page numbers"
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #239
konstantinus
Connoisseur
konstantinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Forma
Prompt, there is a patch which allows to change the font size of pop-up footnote in .kepub?
konstantinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:53 AM   #240
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantinus View Post
Prompt, there is a patch which allows to change the font size of pop-up footnote in .kepub?
Test this
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote