Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Can't seem to get regex to work in Sigil

I'm obviously not getting to grips with regex, even after reading what I can find here.

I've imported a HTML file into Sigil that was generated by Word so I've got an absolute mass of "MsoNormal" classes on my <p> tags. The original file was in a very bad state and would have taken far too much time to tidy it up in Word, so I though I'd do it in Sigil with regex. It also turned out that virtually every paragraph had a different style, so I've also got lots of Sigil-generated styles as well for each paragraph, approximately 5,000 of them.

There is no way I'm going to go through this line-by-line and remove them one at a time, so the only way I can see to remove them is with regex.

So, to my problem.

The <p> tag looks like:

Code:
<p class="MsoNormal sgc-669">
With the number ranging anywhere from 1 to 5000.

This is what I put into the Find field:

Code:
<p class="MsoNormal sgc-\d\+">
With Replace being:

Code:
<p>
I've set the mode as being Regex and the Look being Current File (I've manually split the file into separate chapter files) as I'm doing it chapter-by-chapter so as to reduce the number of mistakes.

When I do this though, Sigil tells me it could find no matches. So, either I've made a mistake in my regex, or Sigil is not working properly for me.

So can anyone tell me if my regex is wrong and what I need to do to correct it please.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Change \+ to just +
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Brilliant! That works.

Glad to see it's me getting it wrong and not Sigil.

Karma to you.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
You'd use \+ when you would want to search for a + character the \ escapes it from it's normal use of meaning multiplier of previous character
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
ghostyjack
Guru

Ahh, thanks for that, that make a bit more sense.

I'm slowly getting to grips with regex, but I will take a bit more time to figure it out.
Advert