Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-17-2018, 11:22 AM   #1
laundmo
laundmo began at the beginning.

Device: Mobile Phone
How can I rearrange chapters?

Hey, everybody,

At the moment I'm trying to rearrange the chapters in an Epub with the Calibre Editor, but so far I've only managed to rearrange the .xhtml files, which doesn't change the table of contents.

any help is welcome

-laundmo

PS: Sorry if this is a Newbish question.
laundmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You are halfway there.
Now regenerate the HTML TOC (the NCX was correct as soon as you saved)
Tools:Table of contents: Inline
Note: you might need to clean up (remove the old ) if the old one was not flagged properly
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
(the NCX was correct as soon as you saved)
Funny, I've never seen the NCX save correctly after moving the text files around. I often move a title page to the top and get rid of pages full of praise and adverts. I always have to correct the NCX, or more usually, simply regenerate it with "generate TOC from files" in the TOC editor.

Am I missing something?
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
Funny, I've never seen the NCX save correctly after moving the text files around. I often move a title page to the top and get rid of pages full of praise and adverts. I always have to correct the NCX, or more usually, simply regenerate it with "generate TOC from files" in the TOC editor.

Am I missing something?
My bad. Calibre fixes the spine section (that controls the progression) of the OPF, not the NCX other than filename changes.

I don't include the cover (calibre names it titlepage) in my TOC.n It is there. I just go back from the Start reading (text)
I also remove links to the TOC (if it is generated from the NCX) They are the same, and EPUB2 software reads the NCX when you use the Menu to get the TOC
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chapters, editor, epub, table of contents