Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-26-2018, 05:55 AM   #41761
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I'm sat in a tent listening to the raindrops falling on it. British camping!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:21 AM   #41762
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I'm sat in a tent listening to the raindrops falling on it. British camping!
That sounds fantastic!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #41763
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've just unpacked from my trip to Rotterdam. The CityHub hotel, a capsule hotel, was fun. The bed was more spacious than I expected, the little area where you enter a little bit smaller than expected, but big enough to get dressed. The shared bathroom was very clean and the staff very friendly.

My sister and I had agreed to go out to dinner on Monday. We agreed on tapas, so I made a reservation. On Sunday I got a call that they had a fire and would be closed for a couple of days. My sister knew another good restaurant, so on Sunday night I requested a reservation. I got a call on Monday that they would be closed all day because they would be trial running the new menu. After some messaging we decided on another restaurant. I didn't want to book, but when we got there at 5pm we're the only ones. It was good food, with a nice view over the water.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:54 AM   #41764
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
That sounds fantastic!
Actually, we did have a great time, despite the weather.

It was a friends 50th birthday and he'd organised a mini music festival where all the bands were made up of other friends and friends of friends. It was all very professionally done and there was a wide range of music (from one of his sons' thrash metal band, to his brother's girlfriend's acoustic guitar set).

First time we've camped for a couple of years, but we want to do it more often next year now.

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 08-28-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:04 PM   #41765
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'm watching it begin to get dark outside while reading new posts on MR and wondering if my cats will come in when they're called tonight. They're supposed to come in just before sunset, but Lucy was out chasing moths till midnight last night!

I'm also procrastinating, putting off writing several pieces of flash fiction per day - just getting writing back into gear after the arty summer.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #41766
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Trying to decide what series to start or continue with on Netflix. I don't watch much tv during summer, so my watchlist has grown over the last couple of months. I've watched most films on, so now it's time to work on the tv series. Yesterday I started with Disenchantment, which is fun, but not something I can binge on. The big question is if I start something new or continue with a new season of a series I've already started.

I think it will either be The Chalet or Fallet.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #41767
ZGottlieb
Author: 99c scifi ebook
ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.ZGottlieb actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: IPOD
I'm looking at mobiread right now. But I'm going to buy bike shoes - Biking is the next best thing to a good book.
ZGottlieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:11 PM   #41768
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
After a break of a few years my son is taking a math course at the local college. The first class of the new semester was last week. I'm helping with homework.

Last edited by cromag; 09-03-2018 at 09:14 PM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:45 AM   #41769
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Waiting for the power to go off. Today the electricity and gas meters for both the store and the house will be replaced by smart meters. The energy guy will be here between 8am and 10am. A week and a half ago they did the house opposite to us and it took them over an hour and a half, so there is the possibility we'll be without power for three hours.

In 2011 they changed the meters, according to the guy we had antique ones. I was unlucky because I was on my own, my father was at a trade fair and my mother was visiting a friend. When the power was switched on again something started humming loudly. They guys didn't want to leave the power switched on, since they didn't know what the humming was and my father wasn't picking up his phone.

My father did get my messages, but decided he wasn't in hurry and wanted to finish the trade fair (which was a 5 minute bike ride from our home). The energy guys left around 9am, my father dropped by after the fair closed at 5pm. And it turned out the humming was a power supply, which stopped humming 30 seconds after it got power.

My father is home today, but just in case I've made sure I've charged everything last night, including my external power bank.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #41770
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Slowly putting together a heavily planted aquarium.

The aquarium proper is 120 cm by 30 cm (48 inches by 12 inches) and holds 120 liters (40 gallons).

I'm running a soft water set-up, with dark plant substrate.

I have started with a dwarf aquarium water lily, and hope to add java fern on wood pieces, shortly. The a bunch of low light, small, plants called cryptocornies.

Whether or not to add any fish is a decision to be made in a few months, after the plants have established themselves.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:36 PM   #41771
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Slowly putting together a heavily planted aquarium.

The aquarium proper is 120 cm by 30 cm (48 inches by 12 inches) and holds 120 liters (40 gallons).

I'm running a soft water set-up, with dark plant substrate.

I have started with a dwarf aquarium water lily, and hope to add java fern on wood pieces, shortly. The a bunch of low light, small, plants called cryptocornies.

Whether or not to add any fish is a decision to be made in a few months, after the plants have established themselves.
Please post a photo once all the plants are in ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:57 PM   #41772
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Please post a photo once all the plants are in ...
Wilco.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #41773
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Watching REAL football
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:42 AM   #41774
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Trying to wake up in the wee hours of the morning; not used to getting up so early. Hmm... I have four hours to spare!

Time to meditate. Meh

(Two hours pass)

Still haven't meditated.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 09-07-2018 at 08:42 AM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #41775
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Completing my Continuing Legal Education licensure requirements.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?