Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #106
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
You mean Control Center? I did that, but I thought it didn't work because the option is still there. I assumed if it's off, it wouldn't be.
Yeah, sorry. I get them confused. AirDrop has to have both Wifi and Bluetooth on. So if either are off, it won't work. Keep that in mind.

And now that I remember... I saw AirDrop in the Restrictions area. That might remove it from the CC altogether.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #107
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've certainly found that iOS 7.1 hasn't caused any reduction in battery life on my iPad Retina Mini. I have the version of the Mini with LTE, so I imagine its hardware is not terribly dissimilar to that of the iPhone.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #108
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I find that the Home button is sometimes a touch slow, but I mostly navigate between open apps with a four-finger side-swipe. Have you tried that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
The main reason I replaced my iPhone 4 was because the home button was no longer very responsive. It was frustrating so I know how you feel. Therefore I try to minimize using the home button. I use the four-finger side swipe to move between apps too like meeera suggested. Also I use the four-finger up/down swipe to open/close the multi-app screen that double-click shows.
Unfortunately I had to switch off multitasking gestures almost as soon as it came out, because it's (or was, maybe I could check again) incompatible with handwriting apps.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:04 AM   #109
Karin54
Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPhone5, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Finally took the time to upgrade my iPad 3, and of course what I'm noticing at first is the negative stuff: some minor changes that I'll have to get used to. Nothing really annoying except one thing: navigating between apps via double pressing the iPad button has become almost unusable. I think the double press is not working as it used to, I need to press faster for it to work, but that may be my imagination. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I am NOT imagining the huge lag between the double press and the appearance of the screen where you see the apps, and the equally huge lag when I press on an app to bring it to the foreground.

Is this only happening to me? Is my iPad 3 becoming too old to upgrade?
Set the press from default to slow in Settings --> General --> Accessibility

That solved the problem for me
Karin54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:27 AM   #110
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin54 View Post
Set the press from default to slow in Settings --> General --> Accessibility

That solved the problem for me
Thanks! Unfortunately this solves the slow button problem but not the lag. Oh well, I guess I'll get used to it.

By the way, I upgraded my iPhone 4S this week-end and there is no lag. The battery seems to be draining unusually fast though...
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #111
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
. . .

By the way, I upgraded my iPhone 4S this week-end and there is no lag. The battery seems to be draining unusually fast though...
I agree. The battery is draining faster on my iPhone 4s after the upgrade.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #112
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
It seems this battery issue is affecting iPhones only.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:35 AM   #113
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you provide some concrete figures, like I've done above for the iPad Retina Mini?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #114
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
This list of suggestions on how to improve battery life by an ex-Apple Genius employee was posted on MacDailyNews. It is the most useful (or rather practical) summary of recommendations that I've seen.

http://www.overthought.org/blog/2014...-battery-drain
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #115
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

I think my first impression was wrong. I don't see a consistent loss of battery time since I upgraded. But no, I don't have any proof or figures, it's only my impression.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:29 PM   #116
kemnguyen
kemnguyen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Apple has launched a new web page showing what is new in iOS 7.1.

A good youtube video of the changes:

Video is broken, please fix it
kemnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #117
jswinden
Nameless Being

I corrected the YouTube video link:

A good youtube video of the changes:

Old 04-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #118
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks, Jack - that's very useful.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #119
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I'm at 12 hrs 12 min of usage @ 9% remaining battery on my iPad Mini Retina. My phone does seem like it has a little less life but overall I can't complain about the update. My Mini was my main concern since I travel frequently on international flights, which are further lengthened by living in the western US.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #120
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I'm at 12 hrs 12 min of usage @ 9% remaining battery on my iPad Mini Retina.
That's pretty much in line with what I get, using my Mini for a mixture of reading and web browsing.