Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-14-2016, 03:23 AM   #1801
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedbag View Post
- - - - -
Sadly there is no jar files for these firmware and many would be saved of time and adventurous trip towards editing .jar files.
- - - - -
You will have to do that at another site than this one.
That would be against this site's policy on re-distribution.
This site has some very conservative guidelines.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:01 AM   #1802
mixedbag
Enthusiast
mixedbag began at the beginning.

Device: none
can i rephrase it to say could someone post any .bin files containing the font and margin hack like kaznelson has done in his post.

Or even that would be against this forum rules. I dont know? Please advise.
mixedbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2016, 10:05 AM   #1803
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
can i rephrase it to say could someone post any .bin files containing the font and margin hack like kaznelson has done in his post.

Or even that would be against this forum rules. I dont know? Please advise.
Posting a script or patch file for a specific firmware's jar files modification would be within the guidelines as I understand them.
(The script and patch file would be a 'new work' of the author.)

A lot of the things posted here 'automate' the changing of Amazon's provided firmware.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #1804
mixedbag
Enthusiast

so basically a person can post if he is willing to update kaznelsons hack? right? only thing is he should be the author. Right? or only kaznelson can update and post here since he is the one who found out?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:15 AM   #1805
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
so basically a person can post if he is willing to update kaznelsons hack? right? only thing is he should be the author. Right? or only kaznelson can update and post here since he is the one who found out?
Check the license kaznelson put on his work.
If not mentioned, it is understood to be an open source license.
I.E: You can re-use, modify, and re-distribute his work.
Advert
Old 03-14-2016, 10:02 PM   #1806
mixedbag
Enthusiast

so what exactly we cannot do on this conservative site? and re distribution policy you are making me aware of.

I am a bit confused. Anyways a person who would do an update to kaznelson hack will be aware of this sites policy hopefully.

Hope the message is not diluted and it is an update for Kaznelson font and margin hack for 5.6.5 and 5.6.1.1 that we were discussing here.

Thanks knc1 for your tips.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:19 PM   #1807
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
so what exactly we cannot do on this conservative site? and re distribution policy you are making me aware of.

I am a bit confused. Anyways a person who would do an update to kaznelson hack will be aware of this sites policy hopefully.

Hope the message is not diluted and it is an update for Kaznelson font and margin hack for 5.6.5 and 5.6.1.1 that we were discussing here.

Thanks knc1 for your tips.
Redistribute Amazon's jar files, either original or modified.
Which is what you wrote that you wanted someone to do for you (that is, post the modified jar files of Amazon).
Old 03-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #1808
ecc29
ecc29 doesn't litterecc29 doesn't litterecc29 doesn't litter

Device: KPW3
I'm stuck in margin settings. I modified the file ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar in my kpw3, firmware 5.7.2. The top and bottom margins were changed, but for left and right margins, no matter what values I set, no matter what I did after modification(reboot, switch between different languages etc.), the left and right margins are always the same.

For left and right margins, I modified the values in "font.wordsperline.margin.list", "reader.content.leftMargin" and "reader.content.rightMargin", but the margins never changed after reboot. Did I miss anything?
ecc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 05:13 AM   #1809
knc1
Going Viral

What format (file name extension) does the book have you are testing with?
Old 03-17-2016, 08:10 AM   #1810
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@ecc29: IIRC the values for left & right margin are cached and after first reboot after changing the jar files you have to open Aa menu and press on one of the other two margin icons and then press on the first one. Then the value (and thus the margin size itself) gets updated.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:55 AM   #1811
ecc29
ecc29 doesn't litterecc29 doesn't litterecc29 doesn't litter

Device: KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What format (file name extension) does the book have you are testing with?
I tested with mobi and azw3 files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@ecc29: IIRC the values for left & right margin are cached and after first reboot after changing the jar files you have to open Aa menu and press on one of the other two margin icons and then press on the first one. Then the value (and thus the margin size itself) gets updated.
Problem solved! Thank you so much!
ecc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:12 PM   #1812
daxp
daxp began at the beginning.

Device: magflalmVE
Any idea why it's not changing the margins for my Paperwhite, FW 5.4.4.2? JBPatch and editing the jar file did not work, assuming I edited it right. I only changed the wordsperline values, do I need to do all of them?

I'm also having a problem with special offers. I went ahead and removed them, but the 'go online to download new offers' comes back after a reboot. Resubscribing and unsubscribing on Amazon's page fixes it until the next reboot, at least. o.O
daxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #1813
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@daxp: Check 2 post above yours for margins
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #1814
daxp
daxp began at the beginning.

Device: magflalmVE
I've tried changing the words per line setting to each option, it's still using the defaults. I think I either edited the wrong thing in the jar file or it reset itself.
daxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:04 PM   #1815
knc1
Going Viral

See post: 1810 above (I.E: Scroll up)

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks