Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
naramatian
naramatian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Kobo Aura One Not Responding

Hello out there: my 16 month-old e-reader has suddenly become kaput. Kobo says they can't help with it. $300 down the drain? I'd appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on how to get it working. I was in the middle of reading The Half-Drowned King when suddenly the screen lost the entire left side of the page of text. If I tapped on the left side of the screen it was unresponsive, so I couldn't go to settings or my books etc. I tried everything I could think of and then did a reset by pressing the power button. Now it's completely frozen and no power comes on at all. I've plugged it into my computer but neither the screen nor the computer show any connection. I've now plugged it into the wall with a USB cable. The screen lit up briefly but then went dark. I fear it is toast. Many thanks for any help...(ps.: I used to have a Kobo Glo which had a reset button on the bottom. This device does not. I forgot the Glo on a plane, and decided to upgrade to this fancy new model. Big mistake I fear. The Glo lasted forever...)

Last edited by naramatian; 02-23-2020 at 09:06 PM.
naramatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:08 AM   #2
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Leave it plugged in for a long time and keep your fingers crossed.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:16 PM   #3
naramatian
naramatian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks very much. Took it to Cell/Tablet Fix-it store today and they said the screen is cracked. May be able to replace. Fingers crossed...
naramatian is offline   Reply With Quote