Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
mtreader
Connoisseur
mtreader began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Nova 2, Kobo Clara
Save to Pocketbook vs Pocket

If anyone out there has experience saving web articles to their ereader with both Save to Pocketbook and the Pocket app (on Kobo or Android ereaders), I'd love to learn how they compare. I've searched the web and found no such comparison. Thanks!
mtreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:39 AM   #2
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
"Send to Pocketbook" is an email service; you send an email to an address you are assigned by Pocketbook, with the attachment you want to deliver to your Pocketbook device. When you next connect to Wi-Fi (if auto-sync is on) the attachment will be downloaded to a folder called "Send to Pocketbook" (or something like that). Nothing more. I've used the Firefox extension "Push to Kindle" in the past; it generates an EPUB file from the web page you request and sends it to an email address you provide. Works well in my experience, and it had no trouble generating well-formatted EPUBs.

That's all there is to the "Send to Pocketbook" service. Don't get me wrong, it works well, but don't expect "Pocket"'s functionalities to be there.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #3
mtreader
Connoisseur
mtreader began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Nova 2, Kobo Clara
Thanks, Lykke. I think that rules out Pocketbook readers for me -- using Pocket with my Kobo is too useful to leave behind.

I'm still considering Android readers that enable Pocket integration because I'd like to have the ability to highlight/export excerpts from articles saved via Pocket. If anyone has tried that, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
mtreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 04:18 PM   #4
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
I wish I knew how to export all my saved reads on Pocket(getpocket,com) and have them placed on my Pocketbook(e-reader)
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 04:37 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I have the Pocketbook app on my cell phone & love it. I would love to learn how to use it on my Kobo Clara & Hopefully scync the books so I wont have to keep taking time to do it manually. Is there a away? BTW I Side load using caliber. Then they go to Pocketbook Cloud Storage.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:22 AM   #6
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Quote:
Pocketbook app
I didnt know they had an app @Barb is this the one you're using? https://imgur.com/a/DBkSY4g [Mirror of the same image https://ibb.co/YRt1L33 ]

Seems more to me like a bookstore and a Pocketbook Cloud Sync app

pretty nice, I don't use it tho. However, curious to know how much space is free in the cloud. . as well as does it sync bookmarks, notes, last page read on any device. (eg iOS to e-reader)

Edit: Official information about the app > https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/app

Last edited by anonymust; 05-10-2020 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Added official Source
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:57 AM   #7
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
I don't use cloudservices but fyi.
Space in the Cloud:
2 GB
https://cloud.pocketbook.digital/bro...cketbook_cloud
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote