Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #226
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philju View Post
For everybody who is (like me) craving for an E-ink smartphone WITH Google Play services working:

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...ore-cpu-video/

Enjoy!
Onyx has produced an e-ink phone before.
Onyx InkPhone e43.
4.3" front-lit e-ink display.

I am one of very few owners. I have purchased it second hand. They have only been selling it for a very short time - two weeks at most. In that time it came out that the InkPhones have an IMEI numbers belonging to other manufacturers and many users couldn't use it as a phone.

Plus it had Android 2.3 that was a bit obsolete at the moment of InkPhone release and it had many hardware and software flaws.

I did love the form factor
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:24 PM   #227
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Edit my big mistake: there are not two sim card slots (two sims fit in there exactly like they do in the a2pro but its not actually a second slot, just a space created by the microsd slot).

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 02-03-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:52 AM   #228
kconan
kconan began at the beginning.

Device: nonw
Hi guys, I just ordered the A5. I'm very excited about reading much more on the go, and detox from social media.

While waiting I'm figuring out how to "live" without Google services. Thank you for all the ideas in this thread. The one thing I didn't see is a easy way to import my Google contacts.

What app do you recommend to import contacts exported from Google?

Using a modern launcher like nova is a good idea with this phone? SwiftKey works fine?

Best regards!
kconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:33 PM   #229
cartz
Connoisseur
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
The effect is exactly the same as can be seen at 5:00 onwards in the color hisense phone video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R241f-krUzA
He moves his finger but the page does not scroll until he releases.

This happens to me in the settings screen, in facebook after closing the app, and in the kindle book selection screen. I am in smooth mode. I figured it was the same for everyone.
As lowsense confirmed, the effect that you talk about does not happen and looks to be unique to you. I would suggest the likely cause being something you've installed (or removed) has caused this. I was going to suggest the Facebook app as it is notorious for slowing systems down but lowsense said it is working for them.

I would recommend you reset your phone to factory settings. Then ONLY install the Kindle app and see if you can replicate the problem. If the Kindle app works fine by itself then gradually install each app you need and retest to see which app is the culprit. Good luck.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:39 PM   #230
cartz
Connoisseur
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kconan View Post
The one thing I didn't see is a easy way to import my Google contacts.

What app do you recommend to import contacts exported from Google?
Export your Google contacts in a Vcard format (google it for instructions) and import them into the contacts app that comes with the phone.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #231
kconan

Thank you!
Old 02-03-2020, 08:04 PM   #232
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
The effect is exactly the same as can be seen at 5:00 onwards in the color hisense phone video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R241f-krUzA
He moves his finger but the page does not scroll until he releases.

This happens to me in the settings screen, in facebook after closing the app, and in the kindle book selection screen. I am in smooth mode. I figured it was the same for everyone.
I was having the same experience when scrolling through Settings, but not in a number of my other apps. That seemed strange. Played around with various things and finally found what seems to be a fix, at least for scrolling in Settings.

Go to Settings --> Intelligent assistance --> Slide one screen --> Turn off the "Slide one screen" option for any app that you are experiencing this issue with or turn it off for all apps.

Last edited by Question Mark; 02-03-2020 at 08:07 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:12 PM   #233
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I was having the same experience when scrolling through Settings, but not in a number of my other apps. That seemed strange. Played around with various things and finally found what seems to be a fix, at least for scrolling in Settings.

Go to Settings --> Intelligent assistance --> Slide one screen --> Turn off the "Slide one screen" option for any app that you are experiencing this issue with or turn it off for all apps.
Aha. That is it.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:37 AM   #234
Dav_25
Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: too many
Hi,
Just wanted to give people a couple of tips:
1- If you'd like a nice keyboard to replace the default one, try Openboard from Fdroid, it is great (it is a very new project though). An other good option is "AnySoftKeyboard", but I find it not as good as Openboard.
2- If you are looking for a great browsing experience, try the Brave browser and check the "Simplified view for webpages" in Accessibility settings. When you select it, it will reflow your news or blog articles completely. Browsing with that on eink devices is just amazing.

Last edited by Dav_25; 02-06-2020 at 05:16 AM.
Dav_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:37 PM   #235
idahopotato5
idahopotato5 began at the beginning.

Device: HiSense A5
Anyone know how to make the lock screen show the temperature in fahrenheit rather than celsius? Or use a 12 hour clock?
idahopotato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:36 AM   #236
Villain
Villain began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahopotato5 View Post
Anyone know how to make the lock screen show the temperature in fahrenheit rather than celsius? Or use a 12 hour clock?
You can pick a 12-h clock in: Settings--other settings--date & time

As for the temperature, I downloaded an app for that and set the parameters in the app settings. You can either do that or check if the pre-installed phone weather app has settings of its own.
Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:01 PM   #237
cartz
Connoisseur

The default SMS app has trouble with MMS messages above 300KB. I downloaded QKSMS from f-droid and it resolved the problem.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:02 PM   #238
nystagmus
Enthusiast
nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.nystagmus is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Tolino Shine 3, Boox Note2
Unhappy

Does anybody have a problem with voice call after the new update from 17.02.2020? if you are using BT Headphones and you got a call, you wont hear anything after switching the audio output to the phone, even if you reverse it to BT you wont be hearing anything, I think the othersides can hear you. This did not happen in the update before.

Am I the only facing this new bug?
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:55 AM   #239
Thepilator
Thepilator began at the beginning.

Device: None
When it's going to lock screen or installing some app, the screen is turning black and white fast, what gives me headache. How to turn it off? Thank you
Thepilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #240
kconan

Has anyone tried to pair a Samsung smartwatch?

The galaxy weareble app goes to Google play to download extra plug-ins but I guess if we install them manually before it may work... I hope.