Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 10:13 AM   #1741
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by famfam View Post
Is tesseract integrated in the k2pdfopt-gui and if so version 3 or version 4? Do the traindata files have to be version 3 or version 4? In which folder must the traindata files be in Windows 10: 'Programs' (for 64 bit) or 'Programs (x86)' (for 32 bit)?
In my k2pdfopt-gui I get the error message,

Initializing OCR for 2 threads x x
Could not find Tesseract data (env var TESSDATA_PREFIX = (not assigned)).
Using GOCR v0.50.

What am I doing wrong?
Is my entry in the input window 'Env. var: TESSDATA_PREFIX = c: \ program files \ tesseract-ocr \ tessdata 'not correct?
http://willus.com/k2pdfopt/help/ocr.shtml

Though looking at it now, I see this help page needs some updating. The latest version uses Tesseract 4.0 and can use either Tesseract 3 or 4 training files (I recommend the v4 training files). See also the command-line help page (search for “Tesseract”).

Also, in the GUI “help” menu, select “Tesseract Training File Info”.

Last edited by willus; 02-13-2020 at 10:20 AM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:31 AM   #1742
slide13
slide13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hello there!
I am trying to find the optimal options for k2pdfopt for my Kindle Paperwhite 2, unfortunately I can't..
The pdf is attached, the language is Greek and after some search, I have used the following options: -mode fp -dev kp2.
Can you please help me?
Thank you very much for your time!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 04. JO NESBO - ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ.pdf (15.01 MB, 3 views)
slide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2020, 06:13 PM   #1743
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Hello there!
I am trying to find the optimal options for k2pdfopt for my Kindle Paperwhite 2, unfortunately I can't..
The pdf is attached, the language is Greek and after some search, I have used the following options: -mode fp -dev kp2.
Can you please help me?
Thank you very much for your time!
What do you not like about the conversion? Is the text too small?
Option 1:
k2pdfopt -mode fw -ls- -dev kp2 myfile.pdf
If the text is too small for you, then:
Option 2:
k2pdfopt -dev kp2 myfile.pdf
Old 02-15-2020, 07:47 PM   #1744
slide13

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
What do you not like about the conversion? Is the text too small?
Option 1:
k2pdfopt -mode fw -ls- -dev kp2 myfile.pdf
If the text is too small for you, then:
Option 2:
k2pdfopt -dev kp2 myfile.pdf
Thank you so much for your immediate response and support!
Yes, the text was too small, the 2nd option helped me, even though the letters are somehow "dirty" now, and the chapters don't start from a new page, or the header/footer seem to be put in the middle of the page (screenshots attached).
But it's ok, it is more than readable, thank you very much dear willus!
Your program rocks and you're so helpful!
Congratulations!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2020_02_16T01_40_45+0200.png
Views:	11
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	177165   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2020_02_16T01_41_14+0200.png
Views:	10
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	177166   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2020_02_16T01_41_47+0200.png
Views:	9
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	177167  
Old 02-16-2020, 07:19 PM   #1745
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Thank you so much for your immediate response and support!
Yes, the text was too small, the 2nd option helped me, even though the letters are somehow "dirty" now, and the chapters don't start from a new page, or the header/footer seem to be put in the middle of the page (screenshots attached).
But it's ok, it is more than readable, thank you very much dear willus!
Your program rocks and you're so helpful!
Congratulations!
If the page numbers and headings bother you, you can crop them out pretty reliably like so for your particular document:

k2pdfopt -dev kp2 -m 0.29in,0.73in,0.32in,0.33in nesbo.pdf

The "dirty" look is not really the fault of k2pdfopt. Your source file, if you magnify it enough, has a very pixelated look to it.
Advert
Old 02-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #1746
slide13

It is perfect!
Thank you so much, it's unbelievable that you respond to each one of us separately..
I really really appreciate it, have a nice day!

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools