Notices

Old 01-31-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
jwhitt12
jwhitt12 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless
problem connecting to kindle

I am running with ubuntu 16.04.3
calibre version 2.55

I just tried to connect my kindle paperwhite to my computer. I plugged it in and nothing. Then I ran disks and get something that says:
drive
internal storage

Then, about 2 seconds later it goes away! At the same time I am watching to files list of connected stuff and it acts like something was going to be added but it goes away before I can see what it is. lsusb gets me:
Bus 001 Device 075: ID 1949:0004 Lab126, Inc. Amazon Kindle 3/4/Paperwhite

I cannot access this thing and I always used to. My kindle firmware is ver 5.8.11

in my research I saw I should have the following installed so I installed them;
mtpfs
jmtpfs
and restarted - no help there. I have also swapped out a few usb cables

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have never seen disks connecting and not for no reason before. I have also tried this on two other kindles with the same results.
jwhitt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If your kindle disks are getting unmounted automatically, there is nothing calibre can do about that. You will need to figure out why that is happening and fix it first. Look in your system logs/dmesg for more info.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert