Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 04:28 AM   #1
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
Exclamation inkBook prime for ROOT

hi,
i will buy the inkbook prime for my Russian books.
But these books are CHM and FB2 format files.
So i want to know if read these books.

The inkbook prime has buttons while read,disable the touch function,that's very fun.

and i want to add additional fonts for Russian, so must be rooted.
How to do?
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Sorry I do not have an answer for you but I am interested in thisas well. Is root possible for this device?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #3
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

delete
Old 06-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
There are third-party apps (Bookari for example) that will let you bring your own fonts. Bookari has an 'e-ink optimized' display mode as well.

That said, I'm sure it supports fonts with Cyrillic (I had inkBook Prime for a few days and downloaded some Russian books to check). Maybe not the ones you prefer. Another way is to embed fonts of course.

In the end I was not impressed with the device, and returned it for a refund. It was my third Android-based eReader and they were all disappointing. I think I will not try another one.

At least for my requirements, (recent) Kindles are perfect for my Russian studies (come with R-R, R-E and E-R dictionaries, Translate, UI support etc, Vocabulary builder etc.).

Last edited by tomsem; 06-08-2017 at 04:30 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #5
loviedovie
Addict

Hi
Try the root in this thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...78#post3018678
Advert
Old 06-28-2017, 07:09 AM   #6
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
hi,
i will buy the inkbook prime for my Russian books.
But these books are CHM and FB2 format files.
So i want to know if read these books.

The inkbook prime has buttons while read,disable the touch function,that's very fun.

and i want to add additional fonts for Russian, so must be rooted.
How to do?
sbwtxj, formats mentioned by you are supported by inkBOOK Prime. Of course, we do not advice to root our device, otherwise you can loose your warranty
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:13 PM   #7
dazoe
dazoe began at the beginning.

Device: InkBook Prime
Just an FYI on this.. the inkBOOK prime comes rooted. adb on the device runs as root so you can side load anything including system apps etc.
dazoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:34 AM   #8
framorg
Enthusiast
framorg began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 3 and Pocketbook Pro603
Hi dazoe,
I bourgth a inkbook prime HD today.
If it right that is this e-reader rooted?
I cant belive it, so you can googleplaystore and googleframwork install as app and it is ready to go?
Please give me any small information about you meaning and processing.
framorg
framorg is offline   Reply With Quote