Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #766
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi,

I use nightmode plugin https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode with FW 4.6.9995 and all is ok except one thing : I can't disable the refresh page...

My .kobo\nightmode.ini has this setting :

refreshScreenPages = 0 # force refresh every X pages

Any idea to totally disable it ???
I've changed "refreshScreenPages = 0" to "refreshScreenPages = 99" and now all is ok : there is no refresh !
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:22 AM   #767
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
Thank you for your work, what is with the calibre database after you have installed this Patch, is it ok ?

Edit: I have tried this Version, it works on my KA1, but the calibre Database crashed, after the installation!
Yeah, same problem here.
Still don't have a way to make night mode work properly
Someone made it work with the brightness level trick? On Aura one ?
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:10 PM   #768
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Yup, crashed my database (including Pocket) after syncing with Calibre. Had to reset reader.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:41 AM   #769
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
I've changed "refreshScreenPages = 0" to "refreshScreenPages = 99" and now all is ok : there is no refresh !
I thought it was ok but not : I've got a refresh every 6 pages... an idea ?
Old 12-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #770
akorx
Addict

Little up for my last post...
Old 01-04-2018, 05:28 AM   #771
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Little up for my last post...
No idea?
Old 01-06-2018, 05:04 AM   #772
akorx
Addict

Quote:
No idea?
I'm alone with this problem ?
Old 01-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #773
freud
freud began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD
Just updated my Kobo Glo... obviously I've lost everything, night mode mod included... Help!!
I've tried to install the one posted on github but... It just restores my Kobo...
Only after the third attempt I've been able to make it work!!!

Last edited by freud; 01-14-2018 at 03:49 PM.
freud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:39 PM   #774
nicopilami
Enthusiast
nicopilami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi
I updated my GLO HD to "4.7.10413", and it seems this nightmode does not wwork anymore when I install it... is it already known, is there a fix ?.

In the meanwhile, I used the workaround here :
Quote:
If you don't mind having the screen always inverted, the easiest way is to add the following lines to the Kobo eReader.conf file (located in the .kobo\Kobo directory):
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
InvertScreen=true
(credits to here)
but it's ugly...

Thanks for your advice !
Bye
Nico

Last edited by nicopilami; 03-11-2018 at 05:56 PM.
nicopilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:44 AM   #775
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
Does anyone still have the nightmode.png that you could toggle with fmon?
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:17 AM   #776
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaxon View Post
Does anyone still have the nightmode.png that you could toggle with fmon?
A png to toggle nightmode is included in KSM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:01 AM   #777
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
A png to toggle nightmode is included in KSM.
Ah I see, I failed to notice it was included with KSM from the beginning. Made it work again as I forgot about the screeninv.so setting under configure nickel.
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:02 PM   #778
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Kobo Nightmode hack hosted on github works fine on my Kobo Glo (Non HD) with latest firmware 4.8.10956.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:41 PM   #779
akorx
Addict

GLO (not HD) updated with fw 4.8.10956, nightmode is OK.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #780
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Still no way to make the mod work on KA1 without database crash?
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch