Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
imlsj
imlsj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
How can I add a new font file to KoboRoot.tgz

The purpose of doing this is to display Chinese language automatically when the device boot up.
Since the fonts files in the:
\KoboRoot.tgz\KoboRoot.tar\.\usr\local\Trolltech\Q tEmbedded-4.6.2-arm\lib\fonts\

directory do not contain Chinese characters.

When I directly drop a .ttf font file to the fonts folder and repackage, it doesn't work at all.

And, when I try to open all the .tff and .otf, it show a message "It is not a valid font file" WHY?

So, how can I add new .ttf file to "Trolltech\QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm\lib\fonts\ "
imlsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The fonts are encrypted/obfuscated somehow.

Fonts for reading you can put in a "fonts" folder on the regular internal memory of the reader, via USB.

Unfortunately not all fonts seem to work. I managed to use the "KanjiStrokeOrders" font (for the lulz) but it refused to work with the EPSON TTF30 fonts (epson kyoukasho). It used it for ABC all right but Kanji was a no-go.

Maybe it will work better for Chinese fonts, I'm only experimenting with Japanese.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:51 PM   #3
imlsj
imlsj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
The fonts are encrypted/obfuscated somehow.

Fonts for reading you can put in a "fonts" folder on the regular internal memory of the reader, via USB.
Yes I can put in a "fonts" folder on the regular internal memory of the reader, but if I do like that I need manually choose Chinese the font other wise the epub book displays as messy code.

How can I make the reader recognize Chinese automatically.

or, how can I decrypt the system fonts.
imlsj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
display langauge, fonts, kobo