Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
Susana
Susana began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Industry size

Hello everybody in this really interesting place.

I'm trying to write an article about this industry and to know the size of it I got a huge amount of information in this site, but I need to know who are the e-ink screen manufacturers, country of origin, country where manufacturing takes place, number of employees and turnover. I know there is E-ink corporation, anyone else?

Does anyone know any of these data or how to find them?

Thanks in advance.
Susana

Last edited by Susana; 07-21-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: forgot to finish a sentence
Susana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
At present, Eink (nee PVI) and SiPix are the two active suppliers of eink displays.
Fujitsu and a couple other outfits are trying to break in with products based on slightly different technology, aimed mostly at reflective color displays but for now the game is mostly PVI and SiPix.

http://www.eink.com/index.html

http://www.sipix.com/index.html

Hope this helps.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
figures, industry, turnover