Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 06:06 AM   #1
chinesealbumart
Enthusiast
chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS505
ABBYY FineReader cannot see images

Hello

Seeking advice

I have a scanned PDF file of a book. So I think the whole file is containing images of the book.

When I open it in FineReader, the image part of the book is not appearing. Only the words are.

Perhaps a screenshot explain better ?

Am I missing any setting ? Or is this expected ?

Thanks !
chinesealbumart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Go to Options, choose "Save" tab and select "formatted text" instead of "plain text" somewhere there :-)
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
chinesealbumart
Enthusiast
chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chinesealbumart has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Are you referring to this ..

I tried but still the same...
Old 05-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
What version of Finereader are you using?

If you're using version 9.0, I believe you have not "Read" the page yet. With the document I'm using, I get the "Document" window (that you don't show), the "Image" window (your left image), and the "Text" window (your right image). This comes just from "loading" the scanned image. Once you "Read" the document, your "Text" window should show the page almost like the "Image" windowt without the text and image boxes that are seen in the "Image" window.

You can find the "Read Page" command either under the "Page" pull down menu or "Read Document" command either under the "Document" pull down menu. Or look in the "Image" window for the "Read Document" menu where you can either read the entire document or just the current page.

This is different from version 8.0 where the "Text" did not show anything until you read the page. Version 9.0 shows the text (but not the images) immediately but with that gray background.

Last edited by slayda; 05-15-2009 at 12:15 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
chinesealbumart
Enthusiast

ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Professional Edition
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
See edits on my last post above.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #7
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

If you are making OCR to create a Word file - as your last post lets one expect - go to the main window, in there you have 3 inside windows Document, Image and Text, in the text one check if on top right of the button Save it says Plain Text, if it does, change it to Exact Copy.

If you have chosen other final format like PDF or other besides text, the problem should be the same.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #8
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
And in the Windows you post here, choose Exact Copy or Editable Copy…
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #9
chinesealbumart
Enthusiast

Thank you guys ! It worked

First I made sure I set the options as "EXACT COPY"
Secondly, I made sure I click on the "READ DOCUMENT"
After that it worked !!

I now have a RTF copy of the document !

U guys rock !!