Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
ValerieAnne
ValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueValerieAnne can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Couple Questions: Greyed Icons, Name Fix, Tag Count

This seems like such a simple solution, which is probably why I can't find the answer to it. :/ I usually just load all my books into caliber and that's it. I have no decided to actually try to organize it the best that I can. I have a couple questions:

1. When I first installed Calibre (before version 1 was released), I thought it would place all my files into their respective folders by author First, Last name. When going into the folder today, I see that there are some in there like that and some in there as last, first. If I correct these with calibre/the metatag will it also update the folder in the main Calibre library?

2. What do the greyed out symbols mean? For example, in Publisher, I have quite of few (most) of the symbols in full color (in this case a green typewriter). I have some as a greyed out typewriter as well. What do those mean? Do they mean something within the metatag is incorrect?

3. Last question, is there a way to limit the tags to the top 5 or so? I know I can delete the extra ones, but I mean within the metatag search.

Thanks so much.

Last edited by ValerieAnne; 10-09-2017 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Edited Title
ValerieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieAnne View Post
This seems like such a simple solution, which is probably why I can't find the answer to it. :/ I usually just load all my books into caliber and that's it. I have no decided to actually try to organize it the best that I can. I have a couple questions:

3. Last question, is there a way to limit the tags to the top 5 or so? I know I can delete the extra ones, but I mean within the metatag search.

Thanks so much.
Yes see attached screenshot.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-10-09 13-05-48.png
Views:	329
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	159381

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. yes, changing author changes the folder

2. it refers to the average ratins of books in that category. If you dont like it you can turn it off in Preferences->Look & Feel->Tag browser
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote