Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
batkinson001
Kobo App user
batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Touchscreen sometimes unresponsive upon startup

Hey all, I upgraded to a touch a few weeks ago, and have enjoyed it since, though it has been giving me some issues (power button-slider took a while to catch the contacts and actually work initially, it's fine now) one of which is that sometimes the touch will power on and startup but the touch functions will not work... this is usually fixed by restarting the kobo once or twice...

Anyone else run into this issue?

I have my old kobo wireless (still works like a champ, just slow) in case the touch craps out entirely (can't return it to walmart, as its well past the 14-day return period)...
batkinson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I think I would exchange it, batkinson001. This is not standard behaviour. There is a one year warranty on hardware through Kobo. You will have to deal with their help system, and undoubtedly they will want you to send it to them so they can look at it before sending you a replacement.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
frozen, kobo, startup, touch, unresponsive