Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
First summary and superficial test (in french) of my Odyssey

Hi, there is a short and really superficial test of my Odyssey on my blog : http://readingandraytracing.blogspot...n-odyssee.html

Will translate it to english , perhaps tomorrow, but now I'mm gonna look at the Castle TV show
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Lalilulelo
Enthusiast
Lalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the roughLalilulelo is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Oooh merci. Je crois que je vais m'abstenir vu qu'il y a pas de dictionnaire en anglais. N'ayant pas la carte Virgin à 30 euros, cela me revient presqu'au prix d'un Sony PRS-T1 sans la technologie HSIS bien évidemment mais avec Android !
Lalilulelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 03:40 AM   #3
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Alors, j'ai pour toi deux infos :
- De source sure, je tiens que des dictionnaires étrangers sont prévus
- Calibre va (dans sa prochaine version, prévue pour la fin de la semaine) gérer l'Odyssey.
Après, tout est question de choix...
Old 11-23-2011, 04:51 AM   #4
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
J-C Garnier reported usb issues too, which is a huge problem imo.
Can you be more precise about it? Does it at least charge?
elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:08 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Yes, charging works. It's copying books that's a problem. Can be bypassed by using an Sd card, but annoying nonetheless. Bookeen said they are working on an update to fix that. But, no ETA.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 05:21 AM   #6
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
so it's a software problem?

edit.
i'm reading the comments, it's written there. The nice thing is that the Bookeen Team looks to be reading user blogs too

Last edited by elena; 11-23-2011 at 05:46 AM.
elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's what bookeen seams to say anyway.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #8
irmar
irmar began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook plus 360
So what's the improvent on the Opus as far as book reading/managing goes?
It weighs more, one of the page turn buttons is not reliable, the USB connection is erratic for many and non-existent for the reviewer, the reader becomes very slow if you load it with many books (so does the Opus)... It may be quicker to refresh, and the ink sharper? But that's it, basically?
If this is the case, frankly I don't see why I should change.
irmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmar View Post
It weighs more, one of the page turn buttons is not reliable, the USB connection is erratic for many and non-existent for the reviewer, the reader becomes very slow if you load it with many books (so does the Opus)... It may be quicker to refresh, and the ink sharper? But that's it, basically?
There has been an update to fix the USB connection. It should also have better contrast.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
It's faster, it"s tactile, larger screen. It's some improvement from my point of view.

But then, if you're happy with your opus and don't feel the need to change, don't change.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 12-11-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
irmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
It's faster, it"s tactile, larger screen. It's some improvement from my point of view.
But then, if you're happy with your opus and don't feel the need to change, don't change.
Yes, it's "some" improvement, but it comes with a lot of bugs, from what I read. The Opus has its bugs (tends to freeze if you let the battery drop lower than 70%), but otherwise works fine.
I would welcome a bigger screen, as my eyesight is not good so I need to use larger fonts and have to change pages often. That's the reason I was looking at the Odyssey. But if I am to be exasperated and lose my peace of mind, no thanks.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:28 AM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, it's "some" improvement, but it comes with a lot of bugs, from what I read. The Opus has its bugs (tends to freeze if you let the battery drop lower than 70%), but otherwise works fine.
I would welcome a bigger screen, as my eyesight is not good so I need to use larger fonts and have to change pages often. That's the reason I was looking at the Odyssey. But if I am to be exasperated and lose my peace of mind, no thanks.
The usb bug that is pretty much fixed, and less anoying than the opus that was unable to read for half an hour before crashing.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:04 AM   #13
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
that was unable to read for half an hour before crashing.
What?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #14
TheSFReader
Groupie

The USB bug has been fixed today (in 1481 version). Please note however that if you use Calibre, the current version does not recognize it anymore. I'll report it to Calibre so that they can correct the "Odyssey" driver.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:01 AM   #15
irmar

No crashes for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
less anoying than the opus that was unable to read for half an hour before crashing.
This is not my experience. I'm reading for hours, believe me!
Yes, the opus tends to crash if you leave the battery below 60%. Once they gave me that tip, it never crashed again.

By the way, I just bought a second opus as a Christmas gift to my father, since the price is now halved, at 119 euros!