Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
yukinojo
yukinojo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mystery Button. What Does It Do?

I've just started using EPUB reader on my Mac, and I've got a learning problem. At the bottom of the tab window there are some buttons for control of the reader . Just below the lower left edge of the left margin of the book are three buttons: the catalog button, the save bookmark button, and a mystery button at the right end of the row of buttons. I can't find it in the documentation, and I can't tell what it does. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks,
yukinojo
yukinojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
yukinojo
yukinojo began at the beginning.

Oops! I was just playing around trying to figure out the Mystery button, and I think I figured it out. I think it saves the current position in the bookmark. The floppy disk looking button just saves the book in the EPUB catalog.
yukinojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, yukinojo

Glad you could figure it out!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukinojo View Post
Oops! I was just playing around trying to figure out the Mystery button, and I think I figured it out. I think it saves the current position in the bookmark. The floppy disk looking button just saves the book in the EPUB catalog.
Hi yukinojo,

yes, you are right, the third button from left saves your current reading position. With the floppy-disk button you can save a copy of the downloaded epub to a location of your choice. Every epub you download is automatically saved to your private library.

Sorry, you are right: I should update the manual pages, the bookmark button is missing there. Additionally I've already planned to add tooltips which would explain what the buttons are for.

I hope you have nevertheless fun with EPUBReader .

Michael
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
zshep
Banned
zshep began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
thanks
zshep is offline   Reply With Quote