Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
rex176
rex176 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Calibre Updates not working on Windows 8.1

I'm recently back to using Calibre after a few years break. New computer, had to reinstall Calibre. At first I was happy, but now I'm extremely frustrated.

I originally installed 64bit 1.29.0 which worked fine.

Then I upgraded to 64bit 1.31.0, which was problematic. The program would start but then one of two things would happen. It would either be totally unresponsive, or stop working after the first click I made.

I tried the 32bit version and that didn't help.

In the meantime I've also tried 1.33, and that doesn't work.

I uninstalled all old versions, cleared out any files in c:\programs and anything in the registry that I could find that was Calbre related.

Then I reinstalled 1.29.0. Now that doesn't work.

I'm about to pull the plug on the whole thing.

Does anyone have suggestions regarding:

1. How to fix Calibre?

2. What other software I should use if I can't get Calibre to work?

Thanks.
rex176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #2
rex176
rex176 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Figured it out. This is now a feature request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex176 View Post
I'm recently back to using Calibre after a few years break. New computer, had to reinstall Calibre. At first I was happy, but now I'm extremely frustrated.

I originally installed 64bit 1.29.0 which worked fine.

Then I upgraded to 64bit 1.31.0, which was problematic. The program would start but then one of two things would happen. It would either be totally unresponsive, or stop working after the first click I made.

I tried the 32bit version and that didn't help.

In the meantime I've also tried 1.33, and that doesn't work.

I uninstalled all old versions, cleared out any files in c:\programs and anything in the registry that I could find that was Calbre related.

Then I reinstalled 1.29.0. Now that doesn't work.

I'm about to pull the plug on the whole thing.

Does anyone have suggestions regarding:

1. How to fix Calibre?

2. What other software I should use if I can't get Calibre to work?

Thanks.
My mouse is a Wacom Intuit 4 tablet. If I plug in a "regular" mouse, Calibre works fine.
rex176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
My mouse is a Wacom Intuit 4 tablet. If I plug in a "regular" mouse, Calibre works fine.
Wacom Mouse has always been problematic. See the official FAQ.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
FAQ calibre freezes/crashes occasionally?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote