• Accounting
• Management
Ect ......

thank you
abdel62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The simplest way is to add tags. For example, a book could have both the Scientists and chemistry tags.

If you already have lots of untagged ebooks, select a bunch of them (which you want to have the same tag) with the mouse and select Edit Metadata -> Edit in Bulk.

I find that I want to edit metadata on every ebook individually anyway to add a cover and description (downloaded from the internet), so adding tags at that time is not much extra work.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
abdel62
abdel62 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to organize my books?

would you tell me how to learn to make tags
thank you very much
abdel62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro
Sounds like you should watch the introductory calibre videos and tutorials, they cover this stuff. See the sticky in the main calibre forum.

There's also this blog post:
http://blog.calibre-ebook.com/2011/1...g-browser.html

Also keep in mind that what you quite possibly want is to make use of a feature in calibre called hierarchical tags. This is all described in the calibre help.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Open Calibre, and make sure the column headed 'Tags' is showing (if it isn't, right-click on the headings row, go down to 'show column' and choose it). Then select a bunch of books that will be in the same category, right-click anywhere in the 'Tags' column, then go to 'Edit Metadata' -> 'Edit Metadate in bulk' and in the box marked 'Add tags' put whatever tags you want to use.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
SharonK
Enthusiast
SharonK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
I've been using Calibre for several years, but just updated about 6 versions. I'm using a Kindle Keyboard and want to learn how to index using the tags. Is there anyway to arrange the order of your tags? I have a book that is an autobiography and a near death experience. I'd prefer it to be indexed in Near Death but would also think it might show up in Autobiography and I'd prefer not to have to limit the tags. Is this possible?
SharonK is offline   Reply With Quote