Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #1
JawadLeLogeur
Zealot
JawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kobo Forma 4.15.12920
Android e-reader with physical page buttons

The Energy Sistem and Inkbook lines seem pretty promising so far. There's also a plethora of Chinese built models but it's difficult to understand why I should choose one model over another. Amusingly it seems most devices in this category are in fact reskins of Boyue models. Any recommendations?

Also, are there alternative apps to FB2 reader that are suitable for reading books with physical page buttons?
JawadLeLogeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
The new Nook GL3 has buttons and is Android and can be rooted etc. I'm in the slow process of doing it, but from what I read, it all looks do-able.

A version of FBreader has been compiled for the GL3 buttons and is in the Nook dev sub-forum. I haven't tested it yet.

From my experience, buttons on Boyue and Onyx work with Alreader, but you better ask on the forums.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 01-13-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert