Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-07-2015, 11:16 AM   #1
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
Talking Goodreads Mapping for Tags? Can't find goodreads.json

Is it still possible to add a custom goodreads.json file as mentioned in this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=194

I ran a search on my computer and didn't find a goodreads.json file, just a goodreads.zip file and no json file in that either.

I want to map tags, is this still the best way to do it? I original saw it from DoctorOhh at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=15

Trying to use the custom file to save the time and work myself.

thanks
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
I never found the file, but I did just put the downloaded .json in the plugins directory anyway and tried it, and it worked, I guess a .json file never was created in my case.

I still have to figure out:
1.Would I have to delete all tags and redownload now?
2.Would I have to disable download from all but Goodreads in order for this to work? I have a feeling a lot of my books aren't on goodreads, but if that's what I need to do I'll try it.
3. Is this still the best way to get my tags organized. I just want a list of 200-300 tags and I don't want to download any tags that are not in my list.

Thanks.
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridius View Post
Is it still possible to add a custom goodreads.json file as mentioned in this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=194

I ran a search on my computer and didn't find a goodreads.json file, just a goodreads.zip file and no json file in that either.

I want to map tags, is this still the best way to do it? I original saw it from DoctorOhh at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=15

Trying to use the custom file to save the time and work myself.

thanks
You never unzip Plugin files to install them.

That said: PI Companion files have their own rules (the PI instructions or companion instructions may shed light)

In this case, you UNZIP the one from Walt and replace the standard one supplied.

The standard one (the one that came WITH the PI package) only appears IF you install the PI before
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote