Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
phunnylinguist
Enthusiast
phunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question books appear on my HD but not in Windows Explorer

I'm sure this is a direct result of something I did, but on connecting my Nook HD to my Windows 7 box there are no longer any previously purchased epubs to be found, anywhere, in any device folder. I can see and read them on the Nook.

The Micro SD card is loaded with 'em, but none are from B&N.

Reason it's even a concern is that I'm seriously considering the purchase of a Kindle Paperwhite and was looking forward to finally scratching the surface of Calibre to liberate some of those epubs to read on a new device. Moot point now if I can't even view or access them.

I haven't tried it yet, but in your experience would using a different file manager help in this, say for instance, Everything, or XYplorer or FreeCommander do the trick or should I resign myself to the fact that they're gone, poof, sayonara'd forever?
phunnylinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunnylinguist View Post
Reason it's even a concern is that I'm seriously considering the purchase of a Kindle Paperwhite and was looking forward to finally scratching the surface of Calibre to liberate some of those epubs to read on a new device. Moot point now if I can't even view or access them.
I've never been able to see my B&N Nook books from my computer. The only way I've been able to download them is by going to my account on Nook.Com. Recently B&N removed the download links, so you'll have find to find a work-around. The Greasemonkey script still works in Firefox. (I just tried it again to confirm that.) If you need more information about the Greasemonkey script, it was discussed in the News forum under "B&N took away my download links," or something close to that. I would do this fairly soon as, oftentimes, work-arounds are worked around.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
file manager, nook hd, recover