Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
K3SO and no WiFi

Given a K3SO and no WiFi access available, is there a simple way to unlock pages 2 and 3 of the Settings ?

TIA,

R.Olgiati, on the banks of the Paraguay River.
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Go and get a cup of coffee/tea at you local shop, and hook up to some wifi....
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #3
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Why don't you try USBNet?

The only reasons for why I can see someone not registering are:

A. They don't care / don't need it
B. It's blacklisted
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Thank you for the suggestion, but there is no local coffee shop with Wifi here where I live in Paraguay.

There are a couple big international hotels, with Wifi for the clients, in the big towns, but nothing accessible nearby for me.

Any other idea ? (I can connect by USB-computer, have successfully downloaded the latest version of the K User Guide)
Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #5
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
rolgiati,
You must use "Registration" hack, but currently it's not compatible with KSO.
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
You could try Virtual Router

http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/

If you are running Windows 7 online it allows your laptop to act as a Wireless Hotspot, just run Virtual Router, choose a password and log your Kindle on to it using the same password.
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #7
SurgE
Serial Bricker
SurgE doesn't litterSurgE doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KSO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
rolgiati,
You must use "Registration" hack, but currently it's not compatible with KSO.
You can do it manually with usbNetworking. I tried it and it works. Firmware is 3.2 though
SurgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #8
rolgiati
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Why don't you try USBNet?

The only reasons for why I can see someone not registering are:

A. They don't care / don't need it
B. It's blacklisted
You ignore the most obvious one: No access to WiFi.

Cheers,

R.Olgiati

Tags
k3so, no wifi, settings