Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Favorable review by Dallas Morning News

Long after the initial launch of the Sony Reader, new reviews keep popping in. Today it's a review by Jim Rossman of the Dallas Morning News, which can be found here.

Well, Jim gets right to the point why it's so great to have the Reader: "I love having a hundred books in the palm of my hand. I like to read while I fly, but carrying more than one book gets cumbersome in a carry-on bag."

His bottom line: "A perfect solution for travelers who like to read."
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Wow, I didn't think that the DMN did "objective" -- oh, wait, that only applies to stories on Texas A&M.

Seriously, though, that seems a fairly evenhanded treatment of the Reader, he got a few details wrong, but for Press, that's pretty good.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
Xtremegene
Connoisseur
Xtremegene began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 --- Nokia n800
Cool stuff;

to fuel some Dallas/Houston rivalry: I don't recall (through searching or my bad memory) any thread for when the Sony Reader got reviewed by the tech news person at the Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4298669.html).

Well, to be fair, there was a thread here when the reviewer posted preliminary thoughts on his blog (not print)... and the print article review is also listed in the wiki here...

Viva la humidity!
Xtremegene is offline   Reply With Quote