Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
tennoel
Enthusiast
tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-300
New Computer same reader

Hi all!

I am getting a new computer and want to transfer my library of books from my hard drive on computer one to the hard drive on computer two. Moving forward I will only be syncing and downloading new books on computer two. Any ideas on how to do this???

PS - Please don't suggest Calibre. The last thing I need in my life is MORE software. TIA
tennoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:29 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Maybe I'm missing something but why can't you just simply copy the books over via Windows Explorer (or whatever file manager is installed on your operating system)?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 02:37 AM   #3
tennoel
Enthusiast
tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ ilovejedd _ I don't know if I can or not. I wanted to know if there was some sort of process to follow before I try it and get frustrated b/c I didn't write down some password or pin number, or something that's saved in the cookies of the old hard drive. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with using their same reader on a new computer.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
That's weird.......I've got a similar but different "problem"/scenario - one new reader, on an old computer with one reader already on it.

Good luck.........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
For my PRS-350, I use Adobe Digital Editions for DRM'ed ePub's. I think once you've activated/authorized the reader, you can just copy DRM'ed ePub via Windows Explorer.

You would need to authorize your new computer if you want to be able to read old purchases or purchase new books so obviously, you'd need to remember your user name and password for ADE. If possible, you might also want to deauthorize your old PC so you don't waste your limited device "allowance".
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
If possible, you might also want to deauthorize your old PC so you don't waste your limited device "allowance".
As I understand from what the ADE person that used to post here that doesn't matter. Their system do not keep track of un -authorizations. If you reach the limit, contact them and they'll increase it. Over time they also count on you replacing hardware so they kind of raise your allowance anyway, to some extent.
Asawi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
You need to authorize your new computer's ADE to the same account as the old one.
Then you should be able to just copy the files from one computer to the other, but also make sure to "bring them into" ADE from their new position on your new computer. (Add item to library)
Asawi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:24 AM   #8
tennoel
Enthusiast

ahhhh, @Asawi, thank you. That is helpful. Now, I need to try to figure out what my ADE password is.....UGH. I hope I wrote it down somewhere.... Out of the 200+ books on my reader, I've only finished about 30, b/c I keep getting library books that jump to the front of the line.