Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
blu-
Enthusiast
blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.

Device: prs 650
What's the default font for the prs650?

I just got a Kindle I want it to be as Sony like as possible.
blu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I thought that Sony consistently used Georgia, but that it was a slightly different version of Georgia than the one that comes standard with Windows.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
In theory you can extract the fonts from the firmware and use them on other devices. They are TTF format. I don't know if the Kindle will use side-loaded fonts.

The Sony font names are:

Dutch801 Rm BT Roman
Courier 10 BT Roman
Swis721 BT Roman

They are copyrighted by Bitstream Inc.

The fonts on come in regular versions, no italic/bold. As I recall, the PRS650 spoofs italic and bold by munging the regular font. I guess this will not work on the Kindle, i.e., if you use the Sony font on the Kindle, you won't get bold/italic. However, all versions of these fonts (regular, bold, italic etc) are probably available on the internet.

Last edited by ShellShock; 05-10-2014 at 03:37 PM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote