Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2020, 07:19 PM   #1
WDeranged
Enthusiast
WDeranged began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
What colour is your Paperwhite 4 front light?

Mine has a blue tint, maybe teal. Certainly not white. I tried the cheaper 2019 Kindle and the front light was near white. Also the Oasis 3 with no warmth is pretty much white to my eyes.

It's a subjective thing but only up to a point.

If you had to use one word to describe your Paperwhite 4's frontlight colour what would it be?
WDeranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:03 PM   #2
trcm
Connoisseur
trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW4, Libra H2O
Yup, blueish I'd say.
trcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:29 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
At full brightness (which I would never have it set to for reading), one of mine is white, the other is yellowish, I suppose some would say warm. If I had bothered to compare when I got the latter, I might have exchanged it as it seems a little off to me.

But these things are very subjective. Someone might look at my white and see blue.

Last edited by tomsem; 10-22-2020 at 02:33 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #4
BongioviBR
BongioviBR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Even Amazon doesn't know what should be the right color!

My fiancee bought the new kindle paperwhite in April anda the color of de light is a blue, almost white.

A bought the same model in July and the color is Yellow.

I contacted the support and asked about the lighting of my device, since I imagine that the cooler light is correct, mainly because it makes reading easier.

So they sent me a new device and, to my surprise, its lighting is different from the other two. Although it is still yellowish, it is a little weaker than that of my first device.

With that, I just came to the conclusion that even Amazon doesn't know what the luminance quality standard of the Kindle Paperwhite is : chinscratch:

Below is a photo comparing the lighting of the first two devices.

BongioviBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:52 PM   #5
BongioviBR
BongioviBR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[QUOTE=BongioviBR;4050725]My fiancee bought the new kindle paperwhite in April anda the color of de light is a blue, almost white.

A bought the same model in July and the color is Yellow.

I contacted the support and asked about the lighting of my device, since I imagine that the cooler light is correct, mainly because it makes reading easier.

So they sent me a new device and, to my surprise, its lighting is different from the other two. Although it is still yellowish, it is a little weaker than that of my first device.

With that, I just came to the conclusion that even Amazon doesn't know what the luminance quality standard of the Kindle Paperwhite is : chinscratch:

Below is a photo comparing the lighting of the first two devices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200703-WA0038.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	182960   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200703-WA0037.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	182961  
BongioviBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:06 AM   #6
WDeranged
Enthusiast
WDeranged began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Yeah, I've seen a few Paperwhites and I'm seeing pretty much the same variation. Thing is, I'm yet to see one that looks like the pictures Amazon shows in their adverts

The Oasis I recently tried actually does look like the adverts to my eye, so that's something. Unfortunately it suffered from dark patches and ultimately didn't feel quite good in my hand vs the Paperwhite or my old KK. Also all the available covers suck compared to the ones available for PW.

So it looks like I'll be sticking with my vaguely blue/green PW for now. It's not bad at all really, it just sits on a weird dividing line between warm and cool that distracts my eye now and then.
WDeranged is offline   Reply With Quote