Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Stephanie Plum - Movie

This may not garner quite as much interest as The Jack Reacher thread but I thought I'd post it anyway. The Janet Evanovich book One for the money has been made into a movie Trailer -

Cast
Katherine Heigl ... Stephanie Plum
Jason O'Mara ... Joe Morelli
Daniel Sunjata ... Ranger
Debbie Reynolds ... Grandma Mazur
Sherri Shepherd ... Lula

Heigl's Jersey accent is awful infact the whole thing is not Jersey or Italian enough but I will watch it anyway as I love the book series. I really like reading a book and then comparing the movie and vice a versa.

Last edited by melmac; 09-27-2011 at 01:09 AM.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Well, Jeezus, Morelli is supposed to be good looking - stunningly, Italian hot, good looking.

This guy? Not.

It's a well-done trailer, otherwise.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #3
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought Ranger was the worst cast he's supposed to be dangerous mysterious and sexy 3 things this guys not At least they appear to be sticking to the books plot.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
mrbanana
Enthusiast
mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 505
Shame Sandra Bullock didn't get to make these 10 years ago, but so long as they play it straight I'll watch it. And I predict Grandma Mazur will steal the movie.

If the series is a success and they get to book 5, I want Tom Cruise to play Randy Briggs.
mrbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 AM   #5
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Katherine Heigl? Blech, is she still here? It's been like 4 years already, go away!
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 05:32 AM   #6
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Grandma Mazur looks too good, I always pictured her more crone-like.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #7
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I don't think this cast is going to do it. I loved the first Plum books & I think I'll pass on the movie. Lulu was the only actress that fit my idea of her.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
I don't think this cast is going to do it. I loved the first Plum books & I think I'll pass on the movie. Lulu was the only actress that fit my idea of her.
Yeah, it just didn't jell much for me from the trailer. The cast was all wrong.

Stephanie in the books may be out of her depth, but there was something dangerous about her. When she wanted something, she was going to get it. She's not much saner than Grandma.

This trailer just made her look weak and a bit stupid. Seriously, she should make you scared to piss her off, not laughing at her as you speed off, because she's gonna make you eat that laugh later.

This just doesn't look like that.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
ssdb
Enthusiast
ssdb began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbanana View Post
If the series is a success and they get to book 5, I want Tom Cruise to play Randy Briggs.
If Cruise can play Jack Reacher, it's a pity the role of Lula is taken because he would be perfect for the part.
ssdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
I always pictured Queen Latifah to play Lula.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #11
mrbanana
Enthusiast
mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrbanana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdb View Post
If Cruise can play Jack Reacher, it's a pity the role of Lula is taken because he would be perfect for the part.

There's no denying Cruise has talent. If he can play Reacher he can play Lula, a retired black hooker, Randy Briggs, a dwarf, and even Grandma Mazur, all at the same time.

I agree with everyone, the casting is uninspiring, but then I would have had Kristen Bell as Stephanie (the part needs an actress who can play stubborn as a mule convincingly) and Shirley McLaine as Grandma Mazur.

I really don't like the guy who's playing Ranger. He has just spent seven years working with Dennis Leary on Rescue Me, and every time he opened his mouth or simply stood next to Leary you suddenly realised Dennis Leary wasn't the biggest ass on the show/planet. You've got to be pretty slappable to make Leary look good in comparison.

Last edited by mrbanana; 09-27-2011 at 04:01 PM.
mrbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #12
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
When have you EVER seen a book made into a movie where the movie was better than the book? With a few exceptions (Lord of the rings, Harry Potter), hardly ever.

So you just have to expect that this movie will disappoint anyone who has read one of the Plum books. So let it go. Have a few cocktails before you see the movie and treat it like a summer 'popcorn' movie. If the movie encourages new fans to read the series - I will be happy.

Remember Charlie Sheen playing a bad-ass in 'Navy Seals'? What about him as Ranger? The casting could be worse...

Ok - I just watched the trailer. They have the naked guy as one of her first FTA's and they seem to be true to the first book. Unless they put all the good scenes in the trailer - I'm actually encouraged. The books have always had a silly humor to them with a undercurrent of sex and Heigl handcuffed to her shower rod naked ... just seems right for some reason.

Last edited by FatDog; 09-27-2011 at 06:55 PM.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post
When have you EVER seen a book made into a movie where the movie was better than the book? With a few exceptions (Lord of the rings, Harry Potter), hardly ever.
Blasphemy to suggest LotR movies -- while excellent -- are better than the book! Blaspheeeemer!

There are A LOT of movies better than their novel counter-parts but they are generally lesser known books, not best sellers. Children of Men and Angel Heart (Falling Angel) off the top of my head.
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #14
melmac
Wizard

People are always hard on the movie as it doesn't live up to what is in our head and as everyones head is different then the movie can rarely win
Having said that I love watching my books up on the big screen it's probably something to do with knowing what happens next or thinking I do.

There are not many original scripts around in hollywood these days if its not a sequel or a remake then its based on a book. Some of the books that I've read that are being made into a movie soon are The Hunger Games, The Passage, Drive and Odd Thomas. Some others coming that are based on books I haven't read are The Grey man, The Great Gatsby(again), The Big Year, Cloud Atlas, World War Z, Rum Diary and Pride Prejudice and Zombies.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:37 AM   #15
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
So so sad, along with my insomnia I have been trying to come up with the best cast
so far I have as follows

Stephanie Plum Ginnifer Goodwin
Vinny James Gandolinfi
Ranger
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote