Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 05-18-2023, 07:50 PM   #1
PlatinumWarlock
Enthusiast
PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 5, Kobo Scribe, Kindle app on iOS
Trouble logging into Audible?

Is anyone else having difficulties logging into Audible's website? This has been going on for (at least) a week or so now... on iOS - no problem (and can log out and in again). When I got to the Amazon website and get in that way - no problem. But when I try to log in on audible.com, on multiple operating systems and in multiple browsers, it either tells me they "can't identify me with that information", or that page doesn't exist (and, interestingly, to return to the Amazon home page, not the Audible home page), or it just returns me to the (un-logged in) Audible home page. I called the support number three times and got disconnected each time.
PlatinumWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 06:31 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumWarlock View Post
Is anyone else having difficulties logging into Audible's website? This has been going on for (at least) a week or so now... on iOS - no problem (and can log out and in again). When I got to the Amazon website and get in that way - no problem. But when I try to log in on audible.com, on multiple operating systems and in multiple browsers, it either tells me they "can't identify me with that information", or that page doesn't exist (and, interestingly, to return to the Amazon home page, not the Audible home page), or it just returns me to the (un-logged in) Audible home page. I called the support number three times and got disconnected each time.
No problem at all logging into Audible's US website.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2023, 07:07 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I bought 8 books on Audible this afternoon and did not have any problems.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 01:33 AM   #4
PlatinumWarlock
Enthusiast
PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PlatinumWarlock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This morning it worked. I used to be able to log in either with my original Audible username (not an email address) AND my Amazon email address, but now only the Amazon email address works. So perhaps that was it, but regardless - all better.
Old 05-22-2023, 03:27 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm having trouble logging into Audible.com with my Amazon account right now. The Amazon login info IS correct. I have no idea if I ever had a pre-Amazon Audible account. If I did, I've never needed it for anything before.

I'm not getting an incorrect username/password message or anything. The sign in page just reloads and erases the password. Weird.

EDIT: Audible.com does not like the Chrome browser on my tablet, but seems to be perfectly OK with Chrome on my phone. Still weird.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-22-2023 at 03:51 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2023, 08:26 PM   #6
PlatinumWarlock
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not getting an incorrect username/password message or anything. The sign in page just reloads and erases the password. Weird.
Yep, exactly the same thing I was experiencing last week. It's working now, but... yeah, weird.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:55 AM   #7
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have been having problems with my last two books not syncing between devices. I use my phone everywhere except my store. in my store I use my MP3 Player.
Apache
Old 05-23-2023, 09:40 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have been having problems with my last two books not syncing between devices. I use my phone everywhere except my store. in my store I use my MP3 Player.
Apache
I had a problem like that whenever I used my Fire Tablet to listen. If I stuck to my phone and my Echo, everything worked fine. It only got wonky after adding my Fire into the mix.

Mine seems to be working again with all three, though. I can't say for certain whether it's something I changed, or it's just having compatible/updated versions of Audible on all of the devices. One thing I DID do was make sure that the download quality settings on my phone and tablet were the same. I couldn't find a similar setting in the Echo's preferences. I didn't think it SHOULD matter, but I was grasping for anything. And it's working now, so I'm not about to change anything!

I'll never completely trust it again, though. I've trained myself to glance at the location (chapter and time left in it) before ending a session if I know I'm going to be switching devices.

It could be book-specific as well. I never did that kind of extensive testing.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 06:18 PM   #9
Apache
Readaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I had a problem like that whenever I used my Fire Tablet to listen. If I stuck to my phone and my Echo, everything worked fine. It only got wonky after adding my Fire into the mix.

Mine seems to be working again with all three, though. I can't say for certain whether it's something I changed, or it's just having compatible/updated versions of Audible on all of the devices. One thing I DID do was make sure that the download quality settings on my phone and tablet were the same. I couldn't find a similar setting in the Echo's preferences. I didn't think it SHOULD matter, but I was grasping for anything. And it's working now, so I'm not about to change anything!

I'll never completely trust it again, though. I've trained myself to glance at the location (chapter and time left in it) before ending a session if I know I'm going to be switching devices.

It could be book-specific as well. I never did that kind of extensive testing.
Yep, I find myself memorizing location before I switch to the other device. This morning though everything synced perfectly.
Apache