Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 08-13-2022, 04:26 AM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Here is Overdrive for Windows. The link is only good for a week. After that it expires.

https://we.tl/t-wZxd19bCHl (EXPIRED)

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-15-2022 at 07:17 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 06:45 PM   #47
Riter
Riter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Riter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Riter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Riter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Riter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, pc
JS Wolf, could you please repost that link. It's expired. If you have a OneDrive or GoogleDrive account, you could share the link from there. I've done that with free stuff files on my blog and never had a problem.
Riter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2022, 07:13 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riter View Post
JS Wolf, could you please repost that link. It's expired. If you have a OneDrive or GoogleDrive account, you could share the link from there. I've done that with free stuff files on my blog and never had a problem.
Last time. If anyone wants this after the 7 days has expired, you'll have to look elsewhere.

https://we.tl/t-2xeBNbihOI (expires in 7 days from NOW and will not be posted again)

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-15-2022 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2022, 09:32 PM   #49
ShawMama
ShawMama began at the beginning.

Device: audio ipod nano 6th gen
Oh H-e-double toothpicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Last time. If anyone wants this after the 7 days has expired, you'll have to look elsewhere.

https://we.tl/t-2xeBNbihOI (expires in 7 days from NOW and will not be posted again)
Would you post it one more time? Please? My guy bought a new computer and I'm about ready to file divorce papers. I need my audiobooks!!

Please and thank you--I know you're a curmudgeon and all but....
ShawMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:16 AM   #50
harshakavuri
harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harshakavuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo sage
You can download from the overdrive site itself if you have the old link. It still works just the link is removed from the site. I am posting the link here

http://app.overdrive.com/downloads/O...nsoleSetup.msi

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Last edited by harshakavuri; 10-02-2022 at 04:19 AM.
harshakavuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2022, 11:54 AM   #51
ShawMama
ShawMama began at the beginning.

Device: audio ipod nano 6th gen
Thumbs up Overdrive link SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshakavuri View Post
You can download from the overdrive site itself if you have the old link. It still works just the link is removed from the site. I am posting the link here

SOLVED!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
This is exactly what I needed! I can't tell you how much I appreciate this link. I will say, for anyone in my situation, that the link worked and didn't have any trouble installing onto my Windows 11 system.

Harshakavuri, you are a life saver!!
ShawMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:24 AM   #52
Extra Fox
Extra Fox began at the beginning.

Device: none
Desperate for Overdrive download!

Another case of "late to the party"... Is anyone willing to share another download of the Overdrive media console file? I can't survive with these new apps. Thank you in advance!
Extra Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 11:03 AM   #53
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawMama View Post
SOLVED!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
This is exactly what I needed! I can't tell you how much I appreciate this link. I will say, for anyone in my situation, that the link worked and didn't have any trouble installing onto my Windows 11 system.

Harshakavuri, you are a life saver!!
Yes, thank you so much! I am setting up my new Windows 11 PC, and though I had the old Overdrive setup file from my Windows 7 PC, it would not work; I got a popup sending me to Libby. But this link did and I was able to download my audiobook! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 01:14 PM   #54
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshakavuri View Post

Adding my thanks!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 05:32 PM   #55
mkgtu
Zealot
mkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolate

Device: Currently:Voyage, Oasis 3, Kindle mobile apps, andKindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
This sucks for me. I hate needing multiple, inferior, proprietary apps to listen to audiobooks on my phone. I've been very happy listening to all audiobooks with Listen Audiobook
Player and really don't want to change. If Overdrive insists on limiting consumer choice, maybe someone will crack Libby to allow space shifting.
Since you use LISTEN, thought you might be interested in this, though the files will work on other players as well. I had asked the developer of Listen if he could come up with a workaround and he came up with this.

THIS GETS ALL THE LIBBY FILES IN ORDER PERFECTLY, with no hassle and very little human intervention! And if you use LISTEN AUDIOBOOK PLAYER, you'll also get the proper chapter headings and TOC.

FIRST: The extension that gets everything in the right place is called VIDEO AND AUDIO DOWNLOADER (I've used all the other methods listed in various places and they are quite frankly a mess) This extension is in the Chrome Web Store but also works in Edge, and maybe other browsers).

[https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lngjbkcjponfha)

If you follow these instructions the result will be a zip file which you can extract into any folder of your choice, presumably the folder with the book's name on it. (The individual files are in correct order but are named something like this 7-audio-2448623439.mp3, that is, without the name of the book on the files. So be sure to put them in the right folder with the book name.)

They play fine, as is, in any player. They're just mp3 files after all. I use BOUND on my iPad though not often. I usually play books on my android phone with LISTEN AUDIOBOOK PLAYER. That and SIRIN are the only two I've found that can properly name the chapters of Overdrive books in the Table of Contents. The very popular SMARTAUDIOBOOKS PLAYER cannot. It just names the "parts" or "files", not the chapters.

HOWEVER, SIRIN so far cannot properly identify chapters for these Libby files. Obviously neither can SmartAudioBooks Player.

BUT if you use LISTEN AUDIOBOOK PLAYER (Google Play Store) on an android device (and btw it's an excellent and very advanced and customizable app), you can use the instructions below to create an additional file which you will save as "libby.txt" and put in the book's folder along with all the files. That txt file contains all the metadata, chapter info, etc. The developer of LISTEN AUDIOBOOK PLAYER recently added code to his app that can parse all the info in that text file and create proper chapter headings and Tables of Contents from it.

THESE INSTRUCTIONS work for any Libby audiobook. If you aren't going to use LISTEN Audiobook Player, you needn't bother with creating and adding the "libby.txt" file because other players (so far) can't read or make use of it.

# SO, THE STEP BY STEP

**Libby Download Instructions**

1. In a desktop web browser, install the "Video & Audio Downloader" extension. Instructions below will be for Chrome based browsers, but should also work similarly with Firefox (and Edge). This extension will capture links to any audio files used by the current page.

[https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lngjbkcjponfha)

2. Open your book on [LibbyApp.com](https://LibbyApp.com).

3. Optional step to save chapter data.

3a. Open the developer tools panel Shift + CTRL + J (Windows) or Option + ⌘ + J (Mac).

3b. Select the Network tab in the developer tools window.

3c. Find the first network call displayed in the "Name" section that **starts with** "?m=" *(followed by a bunch of numbers)*. It should not be too far down the list, or you can use the filter box to quickly find it. If you don't see such a file hit Ctrl+R (on Windows) to reload the "network" tab.

3d. Right click on it and select "save as". Save this file as "libby.txt".

3e. Add this file to the folder with your libby audio files from the steps below. Listen Audiobook Player will parse this file if found in the book folder along with the audio files. It contains book title and chapter data. It will also make sure the audio files are sorted correctly using this data.

4. Now, on the Libby website, make sure you are at the start of your book.

5. Click the "Video & Audio Downloader" extension icon. Click the "clear media list" icon at the top to remove captured links and refresh the page.

6. Refresh the webpage after clearing the media list and ensure you are at the start of the book.

7. Scan through the book so the extension can capture the audio files. Hold down the shift key and continually tap the right arrow until you reach the end. (THIS IS ACTUALLY VERY QUICK,YOU DON'T HAVE TO "PLAY" THE BOOK) This is the "next chapter" keyboard shortcut.

8. When you reach the end of the book click on the "Video & Audio Downloader" extension icon. Remove any items in the list with a "?" shown as its size. (You may need to scroll all the way to the right edge to see the "delete" (x) buttons, which come after the copy and download buttons) These "?" files are duplicates of files that have a size listed. You need to get rid of them to avoid confusion.

9. Then lick the "Download all" icon and wait for the download to complete. That will create a zip file which you'll be asked to save.

10. Extract the zip file and rename the folder to your book title.

(Or my preference is to create the empty book folder, properly named, **before** I started getting the libby files. Then I have someplace to put that "libby.txt" file which I create before actually getting the book files. Then save the zip file to this previously created book folder and extract the zipped files to that folder. I then delete the zip file when I'm done. It's no longer needed and just takes up storage space.

11. If you haven't already, be sure to add the libby.txt file into this folder from step 3d above, IF you want chapter data (so far only possible with LISTEN).

12. Copy this folder to your Android device's AUDIOBOOK library folder.

# THIS METHOD WORKS TO PERFECTION FOR ME. EVERTHING IN ORDER WITHOUT ANY EXTRA INTERVENTIONS OR RENAMING FILES ETC. NO GLITCHES SO FAR.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
mkgtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 04:35 AM   #56
dearleuk
dearleuk began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Looks interesting.

Can you have a look at the link for the extension please?

It throws an error when I click it
dearleuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 04:35 PM   #57
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Error for me too. I'm interested.
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 05:18 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Here is the link for Video and Audio Downloaded for Firefox (same plugin) so you are not forced to use Chrome.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/fir...dio-downloader
Old 02-28-2023, 12:50 AM   #59
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
The Chrome link is: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lngjbkcjponfha

However, I haven't tried this. Does the resulting zip file contain mp3s? I also don't understand why the libby.txt file is necessary when downloads via the OverDrive desktop app don't have such a file.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 07:33 AM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Instead of going through such a process, I just use Overdrive on Windows.