Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-02-2020, 10:18 PM   #1
walhir
walhir began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Page numbers in wrong spots

Hi,

I've got a little problem with page numbers showing on reading screen on my Clara. Apart from the normal positions they're showing up on the side of a reading page (see file attached or link). Does anyone know the reason?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zAp...ew?usp=sharing

waldek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200421_074614_cr.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	179028  
walhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:35 PM   #2
HolyAura
Groupie
HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Is that a Kepub or a sideloaded book?
HolyAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2020, 10:40 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by walhir View Post
Hi,

I've got a little problem with page numbers showing on reading screen on my Clara. Apart from the normal positions they're showing up on the side of a reading page (see file attached or link). Does anyone know the reason?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zAp...ew?usp=sharing

waldek
It is only a guess, but I suspect you are reading an ePub and in the Reading Settings you have 'Show Adobe EPUB page numbers' checked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clara.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	179029  

Last edited by ZodWallop; 05-02-2020 at 10:46 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:34 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
It is only a guess, but I suspect you are reading an ePub and in the Reading Settings you have 'Show Adobe EPUB page numbers' checked.
THere is no "suspect" about it. Those are the Adobe page numbers shown when reading a book.

@walhir: There page numbers aren't in the wrong spot. With the Adobe page numbering algorithm, a screen does not map to a page. The page numbers in the margin show where the page starts. And you can turn them off if you don't like them.

And if you don't like the page numbering used, there is a lot of discussion about it both here in the Kobo forum, and elsewhere.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:55 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Yep. I always turn on ePub page numbers and turn off the header and footer, so I see these Adobe style page numbers a lot.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2020, 12:49 AM   #6
walhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAura View Post
Yes, it's an epub legally bought loaded with Calibre
Old 05-03-2020, 12:56 AM   #7
walhir

Ok, I turned the Adobe page numbers off. This solved my issue. Thx
Old 05-03-2020, 03:10 AM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
THere is no "suspect" about it. Those are the Adobe page numbers shown when reading a book.
I never read ePubs on my Kobo. So it was a guess for me.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:29 AM   #9
Butterfly1234
Enthusiast
Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Butterfly1234 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello HolyAura!
What on earth is a Kepub? I mostly buy my e-books from Kobo, sometimes from Amazon, and I've never come across a Kepub.

Mind you though, I'm way less advanced in computertalk than all you guys! All these algorithms and codes are Chinese to me.
Butterfly1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:00 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
A KePub can be side loaded just like ePub. So the question actually should be two questions.

1. What format is the eBook?
2. Is the eBook side loaded?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:54 AM   #11
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly1234 View Post
Hello HolyAura!
What on earth is a Kepub? I mostly buy my e-books from Kobo, sometimes from Amazon, and I've never come across a Kepub.

Mind you though, I'm way less advanced in computertalk than all you guys! All these algorithms and codes are Chinese to me.
I try to explain in the simplest way: a Kepub is a Epub with some particularities inside to consent to Kobo devices to have pop up notes, image enlargement, statistics ecc. When You buy a book from Kobo and directly download it with wi fii into Your Kobo the file will be in this format. You can see in Your books it is written "Kobo Epub". If You sideload a common epub it is written: "Epub". Kepub and Epub will be read by Kobo devices with two different engines.

Calibre is able to convert a book in Kepub because the format is well known (nothing was never spread by Kobo, it is a reverse engineering work).

Last edited by ps67; 05-18-2020 at 09:00 AM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote