Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #1
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
customized column icons now Micro-icons

Updated from 2.65 to 2.66 this morning on my Windows 7x64 (wouldn't update to 10 and I gave up after 14 tries ... downloading the 3.2G each time) desktop.

Didn't see anything too different from my perspective except the app icon. But when I went to rate a read book, I noticed something quite different. I have a customized column called Starz that lets me use half stars. In effect, my ratings are out of 10, shown by a crossed out star, a half-star, one star, etc. The graphics were a screen grab by another user, who created the half stars as an outlined star with a plus sign in the lower right. The code for the columns start with looking for a value in the normal Calibre Rating column. No stars in Rating, no display in Starz, no matter the value. But here's the code (probably from Chaley if memory serves):
Code:
program:
# Set r to the value in a float field containing the rating
r = raw_field('#starz');

# Return the name of the png that corresponds to the value. The .01 stuff
# is used to avoid having to enter the png name twice, once for less-than
# and once for equals
first_non_empty(
   cmp(r, 1.01, 'Starz01.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 2.01, 'Starz02.png', '', ''),
   cmp(r, 3.01, 'Starz03.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 4.01, 'Starz04.png', '', ''),
   cmp(r, 5.01, 'Starz05.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 6.01, 'Starz06.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 7.01, 'Starz07.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 8.01, 'Starz08.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 9.01, 'Starz09.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 10.01, 'Starz10.png', '', '')
)
Now, the png's are all 125x25x24 icons, resized down from the original 1340x266x24 original artworks. Until today, the graphics were really very close to the size of the ratings stars. Today, they came out about 1/32nd the size, about the size of text asterisks. In fact, I thought they HAD become asterisks until a screen cap and zoom in capability showed them in all of their miniscule glory.

I tried deleting them and then copying over backup copies. No luck. I tried copying over the large originals. No luck. I did close and reopen Calibre to see if that was necessary to see repairs. No luck.

No more ideas? Anybody else?
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There were some changes to to how the icons are rendered to support high dpi screens, that is the likely culprit. I only tested the changes with squarish icons. Can you attach one of these Starz10.png files and I will have a look.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 06:13 AM   #3
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Sample graphics for Starz09

Kovid,

Thought I'd do the nine star/4.5 star equivalent since it shows the half-star indictor.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Starz09EXAMPLE_GM.zip (27.6 KB, 188 views)
Old 09-04-2016, 10:53 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This should do the trick: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...d1905bfba1aa4c

Although, the next release will have direct support for creating custom rating columns that allow half stars, so you would be better of using that.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you for the half star!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2016, 01:15 PM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

Although, the next release will have direct support for creating custom rating columns that allow half stars, so you would be better of using that.
I have a question. Could this column be included under a cover in cover view?
Old 09-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You mean in the cover grid?
Old 09-04-2016, 02:05 PM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, that's what I mean, sorry.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes, you can.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #10
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you very much!
Old 09-05-2016, 04:05 AM   #11
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

Which is what I will do. Thanks. GM

Tags
custom icon columns