Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #211
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Also remember there's two distinct "main menus" with regard to icons: "Main menu" ... and "Main menu with device connected." Make sure that's not tripping you up (icon "disappearing" only when your device is plugged in).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-22-2014 at 06:58 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #212
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, 0.67 is working better then 0.65. With 0.65, I would get Calibre to crash when I tried to use it just after adding a Kindle eBook to the library without restarting Calibre. 0.67 works without having to restart Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #213
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, 0.67 is working better then 0.65. With 0.65, I would get Calibre to crash when I tried to use it just after adding a Kindle eBook to the library without restarting Calibre. 0.67 works without having to restart Calibre.
Well hell, Wolfman. Why didn't you say something about 0.65 crashing so I could take a look at it? Glad to hear it fixed itself in 0.67, though.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-26-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #214
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Well hell, Wolfman. Why didn't you say something about 0.65 crashing so I could take a look it? Glad to hear it fixed itself in 0.67, though.
I just thought that's how it was. But since 0.67 works better, I'll report next time there's an issue.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:18 AM   #215
Chicago Charles
Chicago Charles began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Exclamation ERROR: KindleUnpack - The Plugin v0.67.0

I'm really new at this; was trying to unpack a Kindle download and got the following error message, between the "borders". (Brilliant move on the part of the developers to include the button to copy it to the clipboard!) I highlighted the book title, clicked on the KindleUpack icon, and chose the sub-menu Unpack MOBI (there were no other options available).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

calibre, version 1.43.0
ERROR: KindleUnpack - The Plugin v0.67.0: cannot fit 'long' into an index-sized integer

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.extractio n", line 192, in unpack_ebook
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.utilities ", line 283, in unpackMOBI
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpack. kindleunpack", line 1638, in unpackBook
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpack. kindleunpack", line 1335, in process_all_mobi_headers
IndexError: cannot fit 'long' into an index-sized integer

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

If there are spaces above, in "extractio n", and after "utilities ", they were not present in the text I pasted into the message, but show in the preview; if they are present in the post, I don't know why?
Any help available would be appreciated. Thanks!
Chicago Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #216
tkeo
Connoisseur
tkeo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite, Kobo Aura HD
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Charles View Post
calibre, version 1.43.0
ERROR: KindleUnpack - The Plugin v0.67.0: cannot fit 'long' into an index-sized integer

File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.extractio n", line 192, in unpack_ebook
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpack. kindleunpack", line 1638, in unpackBook
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpack. kindleunpack", line 1335, in process_all_mobi_headers
Looking into the code, the variable should be int instead of long. I'd like to test with the standalone version of KindleUnpack if you can post the mobi.

Thanks,
tkeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #217
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-06-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #218
Chicago Charles

ERROR: KindleUnpack - The Plugin v0.67.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeo View Post
Hi,

Looking into the code, the variable should be int instead of long. I'd like to test with the standalone version of KindleUnpack if you can post the mobi.

Thanks,
Attached. Thanks for the help!

Charles

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-06-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Figured out what is wanted; I'll attach a file
Old 07-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #219
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

This is the only warning you will receive: The next instance of uploading copyrighted material will result in a ban from our site.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-06-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #220
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeo View Post
Looking into the code, the variable should be int instead of long. I'd like to test with the standalone version of KindleUnpack.
That particular bit of code is independent of the plugin framework. The kindleunpack.py file is imported completely as is from the stand-alone version of KindleUnpack v0.67. I would fully expect the same book would have the exact same error using the stand-alone 0.67 version. It would be interesting to see if one of the later versions have trouble with that particular book.

I'm going to attach a test version of the plugin based on KindleUnpack v0.72a (the last version before the ePub3 additions).

I'd be interested to see, Charles, if this version works for your problem book. If not, I suspect you have a book that has "features" we haven't encountered yet.

Speaking of books: when asking for books to be posted (or posting books) for testing purposes, please make it clear that copyrighted books are not to be uploaded/posted. Sometimes I feel ridiculous for mentioning it as often as I do, but as soon as you don't include the warning ..... BOOM! Someone uploads a copyrighted book without thinking.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindle_unpack_v0721_plugin.zip (78.4 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-06-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #221
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I have a question about the test plugin. The non-plugin version has options such as HD Images. What are the default options for the test plugin? If HD Images are not turned on, can they please be turned on for Amazon eBooks that have HD Images?? Thanks.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #222
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a question about the test plugin. The non-plugin version has options such as HD Images. What are the default options for the test plugin? If HD Images are not turned on, can they please be turned on for Amazon eBooks that have HD Images?? Thanks.
The core version of KindleUnpack that this test plugin is based on (v.072a) does not have that option. That option doesn't appear until the later test versions that have support for ePub3 (v0.72f).

This version will unpack the HD images (into their own folder) if they are present, but they won't use them to build the ePub. You'll have to manually copy the HD images into the OEBPS directory structure (replacing their lo-res counterparts) and build your ePub from that if you want ePubs with the HD images (or use the newer stand-alone betas).

I'm not planning on packaging any newer versions of the plugin until we get a somewhat stable v0.73 of the core stand-alone code. This is just a test version of the plugin to see if it happens to fix the problem Charles had with his book. None of the "New Features" of the later test versions of KindleUnpack (the core) are going to be introduced into the plugin (testing or otherwise) until I see v0.73 and stability. The core is a little too volatile right now to try and keep the plugin in sync.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:37 AM   #223
tkeo
Connoisseur
tkeo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite, Kobo Aura HD
Hi,

Quote:
I would fully expect the same book would have the exact same error using the stand-alone 0.67 version.
I agree with you.
It is very curious error; so I wanted to see what happened.

Regarding the error Charles has encounterd, I have found that it happens when CoverOffset EXTH has the string which mean to an integer greater than sys.maxint (perhaps 2147483648) or smaller than -(sys.maxint+1). So something might be broken the book.

Quote:
Speaking of books: when asking for books to be posted (or posting books) for testing purposes, please make it clear that copyrighted books are not to be uploaded/posted. Sometimes I feel ridiculous for mentioning it as often as I do, but as soon as you don't include the warning ..... BOOM! Someone uploads a copyrighted book without thinking.
I see.
tkeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #224
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
The core version of KindleUnpack that this test plugin is based on (v.072a) does not have that option. That option doesn't appear until the later test versions that have support for ePub3 (v0.72f).

This version will unpack the HD images (into their own folder) if they are present, but they won't use them to build the ePub. You'll have to manually copy the HD images into the OEBPS directory structure (replacing their lo-res counterparts) and build your ePub from that if you want ePubs with the HD images (or use the newer stand-alone betas).

I'm not planning on packaging any newer versions of the plugin until we get a somewhat stable v0.73 of the core stand-alone code. This is just a test version of the plugin to see if it happens to fix the problem Charles had with his book. None of the "New Features" of the later test versions of KindleUnpack (the core) are going to be introduced into the plugin (testing or otherwise) until I see v0.73 and stability. The core is a little too volatile right now to try and keep the plugin in sync.
Thank you for that. That puts things into perspective. I'll stick with your test version for now. Seems to be working. I'll dig up my AZW3 I have and see how it goes. I've got 55 I can test. I also have 102 Mobi I can test as well. Most of these are/were freebies from Amazon at one point.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-07-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #225
Chicago Charles

Thanks for the attempt; the test version doesn't work, either. Here's the message I receive:

calibre, version 1.44.0
ERROR: KindleUnpack - The Plugin v0.72.1: cannot fit 'long' into an index-sized integer

File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpack. kindleunpack", line 895, in unpackBook
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpack. kindleunpack", line 805, in process_all_mobi_headers
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpack. kindleunpack", line 168, in renameCoverImage

I appreciate the help; guess this is one book I just can't unpack!

Tags
mobi2mobi