Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
sketcher
sketcher began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Pocketbook IQ

Hello all,

I just got my Pocketbook IQ today and have a couple of question. I hope anyone can help me with them.

When I start up the Pocketbook I get some kind of German message. Then when it ends loading I get an English homescreen. I did put the language on Dutch but the home screen stays in English. Is there a way to disable the German message en to get my homescreen in Dutch?

Also is there a way to alter the homescreen because I want to disable the statistics widget and the bookland widget. And maybe to disable some other stuff that eats performance to make it a bit faster.

I also have a question about the file manager, it sometimes doesn not work when I try to copy/rename/delete files. Is there anything I can do about that?

The last question Because I have never worked with android, can someone point me to or tell me how to install stuff like a new browser and how to update firmware?

Thanks all.
sketcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
I copied the free aps to my SD card and then just clicked on them and they install.

I get a Russian message ( if it is the same as the English one I had before), it directs you where to go to upgrade the firmware. We are all waiting on the new firmware along with the directions to upgrade.

I have AndExplorer which seems to work better than the Android File manager. I think it can be deleted, read the other posts. The other posts will give you links to Android aps.

I am also anxious about how to change the home screen widgets also.
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You can use Open Home or LauncherPro to change your home screen. See Post #8 here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109084
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
You can use Open Home or LauncherPro to change your home screen. See Post #8 here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109084
Those are good options. There is the ADW launcher that is another great option that you might want to try as well.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
sketcher
sketcher began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Thanks for the advise so far I'll try it out and see if I'll get it to work.
sketcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert